1. Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

How should I respond?

Discussion in 'Guy Talk!' started by Melissa8052, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Melissa8052

Melissa8052 New Member

Not sure if this is the right thread...
    I've been dating a guy for roughly two months. He's nice and we have a lot in common. The other day at our gym he participated in a grappling class.
    He's 33, around 165lbs and 5'10. During the practice matched he was matched up against a boy who was 12, smaller and shorter but who apparently been training in wrestling and martial arts since 6 according to his mom.
    The boy outgrappled, overpowered, and pinned my boyfriend 3 times. My bf's face was red and he even cussed, but at the end he almost cried.
    Why do you think he was upset? Was I wrong to be embarrassed?

Thank you. Look forward to your opinions

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. Twobitgirl

Twobitgirl Just a figment

Maybe he was embarrassed that he was beaten by someone so young in front of a lady he likes. He probably felt he didn't put up a very good show. Personally it wouldn't bother me to see my bf bested by a kid. I think it would be funny and would most likely tease him (good naturedly) about it. Does he seem generally mature when not in competition? Maybe he's still developing that aspect of his personality (it can take a while for some men). Does he have a sense of humor? If so, maybe you can ask him about how he felt without him getting upset again if you can smooth it over with a little humor.

Melissa8052 likes this.
  3. Melissa8052

Melissa8052 New Member

Hey Twobitgirl! Thanks. My boyfriend's lies have a sense of humour, which is one reason I thought he was seriously embarrassed to be shown up by a boy grappling. Yes, he's pretty mature when not in competition unless it's us cussing a video game we both play sometimes. Lol He's also in decent shape and runs and exercises. However I don't think he's naturally athletic.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017