• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

How often?

ailime

science loving teenager looking for happiness
Hi!!

How often do you wash your hair?
I am used to washing it every day, but I'm not sure if it's ok? I feel dirty if I don't do it though. My hair gets oily during the day;;;;
Is blow drying ok if I do it everyday? Does it damage my hair a lot or not?

Christinegirl

Staff member
Hi, Emilia!

I wash my hair about once a week (and more often in the summer months) because I have normal to dry hair.

It's normal to wash our hair daily if it gets oily. It's important to feel comfortable (and clean). :)

I think blow drying is fine, as long as the hair dryer isn't too close to the hair/scalp - otherwise it might do damage, especially if it's done daily.

I have long hair so I wrap mine in a towel to absorb the excess water. Then I let the air do the rest of the job :) - especially in the warm weather.
In the winter months, I sit with my back facing a space heater/fireplace and let the warm air do the rest of the job.

I wash my hair in the evening so I'm not rushed for time. If I were to wash my hair in the morning before school or work, then I'd see how a hair blow-drier would be beneficial. ;)

(Guys are lucky with short hair, aren't they!) :D