• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

How many breast cancer survivors do we have here?

Kara

I was just wondering. It might help if we tell each other a summary of our individual stories to give hope to someone else. I have a friend who has survived it three times. I have been a survivor for 5 1/2 years. Yay me!!! I know there is always a possibility that it will come back. But, I want to cherish every moment I have to raise my kids.

Kara

I have heard the same thing. That is one reason I breast-fed all my children. My mother breast-fed all her children, as well. Even though we both breast-fed multiple children, we still got severe cases of cancer. In my case, it is hereditary. Since, so many of the generations of my family have died from this disease, I went and had genetic testing. Apparently, I have one of the breast cancer genes. Although that puts me and my kids in a high-risk category for developing cancer, my doctors have told me there are many more cases that are not hereditary.