• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

How does it feel to work abroad?

Briana19

My son is going to enter senior high next year and that means working double time to meet his needs at school. Now, I feel like I need to work abroad to support his necessities. I already heard a lot of negative reviews about working to a foreign country but I want to try coz it’s all about sacrificing for your family. I am a single mother so I really need to do this. What do you guys think? And which country should I go? Thanks!

Rhonda333

Staff member
I wouldn't count on making any more money abroad than you would right here. You living expenses are bound to be higher. I lived/worked in Scotland 2 years while finishing University. Even though I had substantial money with me, I had to work afternoons in a pub on the Royal Mile to make ends meet. There are other, better reasons for working abroad, such as the cultural experience, getting to know another population and even language.

Briana19

Hi everyone. Thanks for the responses. I'll try to do some more research into this before coming up with a final decision.