• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

How do I use a dry shampoo?

TammyValentine

I've been wondering what dry shampoo is. I've seen it on shelves every time I go shopping but didn't have the time to really inspect it. Can anyone tell me the purpose of dry shampoo?

Christinegirl

If you're home and bedridden (or anywhere where you don't have running water/a lot of water), for example, and you use it, it's supposed to make your hair feel more clean, less oily.

davie2010

I know a girl who always washes her hair without water. I don't remember exactly what she uses but she had read that the water everyday was damaging to her hair. So she started using this non-water method every day like a year ago and she swears by it. I will say that her hair is really beautiful looking. I don't think i would be brave enough to try it.

Anzu21

With dry shampoo, you're supposed to spray it into your hair like you would hairspray; rub it in and then brush it out. It's great for when you don't have time to wash your hair.