• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

How did you start with makeup?

Kailal

I really want to start wearing makeup, but I have no idea where to start. I’ve bought some makeup brushes and that’s all. It’s hard finding makeup that matches my skin tone.. Any tips?

shanzi

Try getting a skin test so u can find ur right shade of foundation blush and lipstick, I did this and it really helps

adwivedi22

During my college days, I was also not so much familiar with makeup tips. But with time, I have got so many ideas and I know each and every makeup item and can tell you the entire process. Here you go:
Step 1: Moisturizer
Step 2: Primer
Step 3: Liquid Foundation
Step 4: Concealer
Step 5: Foundation Powder
Step 6: Bronzer
Step 7: Blush
Step 8: Highlighter
Step 9: Eyeshadow
Step 10: Eyeliner
Step 11: Mascara
Step 12: Lip Gloss

davie2010

So I started with makeup when I was a bit older than most and really found it incredibly daunting- I had no idea where to start and what brands were better and the prices varied so much. But then I discovered Online video tutorials. omg there are so many awesome videos out there with so many amazing girls with awesome ideas and talent. Almost every thing I know about makeup I have learned from these videos. I recommend watching a few - finding a few girls you really like and just watch every one of their tutorials. Good luck and have fun!!! Makeup is sooo much fun!

During my college days, I was also not so much familiar with makeup tips. But with time, I have got so many ideas and I know each and every makeup item and can tell you the entire process. Here you go:
Step 1: Moisturizer
Step 2: Primer
Step 3: Liquid Foundation
Step 4: Concealer
Step 5: Foundation Powder
Step 6: Bronzer
Step 7: Blush
Step 8: Highlighter
Step 9: Eyeshadow
Step 10: Eyeliner
Step 11: Mascara
Step 12: Lip Gloss
Hey Adelina! I do like make-up but always look for advices, and tips to improve my skills. I'd like to be professional some day. In that sense, do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains? I'm not sure whether to keep or discard it. What do you think?