• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Hmm coconut oil?

shanzi

So I heard coconut oil makes ur hair grow alot thicker and quicker and I really wanna try it. So how often do u apply it? When do u apply it? Does it actually work?

Christinegirl

It sounds like an "old husband's tale" (an old wife's tale) to me. :D
I don't understand how putting oil on our scalp could make hair grow faster. (I don't see how putting it on our hair could make any difference in how it grows.)
It just sounds like it would make our hair/head very greasy. We'd need a ton of shampoo to wash it out, otherwise (as we know), greasy hair looks thin and flat. :)

shanzi

lol....

I have not heard of this either. I'd love to find something that would make my hair grow faster though. But the idea of putting oil on my hair definitely does not sound like something i would like to do.
I tried it last night, and my hair feels ridiculously soft now, all I have to do is wait and keep applying it once a week to see if my hair grows quicker

davie2010

Oh wow! So like how much did you use and how long did you keep it in for? Also did you just shampoo as normal afterwards? It’s awesome that it feels so soft - I would be afraid it wove oily afterwards. It will be interesting to see how it works- good luck!

shanzi

Oh wow! So like how much did you use and how long did you keep it in for? Also did you just shampoo as normal afterwards? It’s awesome that it feels so soft - I would be afraid it wove oily afterwards. It will be interesting to see how it works- good luck!
My mum applied it at the roots of my hair, and then combed it thru and this was like at 3pm then once it was all done I put a plastic bag on top along with a hair towel( the plastic bag was so it didn't go onto the the towel, then I left it like that till I had my shower at 7pm, first I thoroughly washed my hair with lukewarm water, then applied my regular shampoo, rinsed that out and finally rinsed my hair with cold water

davie2010

wow.... its pretty involved but it will be worth it if it works! and even it if doesn't make it grow much faster it sounds like it might be a good treatment to make it nice and soft. I will be really interested in seeing how it goes! Also, it is great you can get your mom to help out - i bet it would be pretty hard to do alone. I'm not sure I could convince my mom to do that for me... lol