• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

High Heels.

D

dorisqueen

Hey girls! Do you often wear high heels at ordinary times? How tall heel is appropriate? (beautiful and not tired)

Hello!!!

I really like wearing high heels but it depend about the situation. For example if i go to a party or to dinner i usually wear 12 points. Or just for a coffee with friends i prefer 8 points and now during the winter high hell boots !

D

dorisqueen

Hello!!!

I really like wearing high heels but it depend about the situation. For example if i go to a party or to dinner i usually wear 12 points. Or just for a coffee with friends i prefer 8 points and now during the winter high hell boots !
12 points ...maybe too high for me! 8 points is OK. Thanks OP!

G

Globalemag

depend on your weight as well and which heel you like to wear and are in comfort zone wearing them.

I wear high heels a lot...more than flats or slippers.
I suppose wearing heels while in a bikini might get you a reputation stamp.
A 4" heel is about my limit but I use to wear 6" heels all the time.
I love the way high heels make me look and feel...I wear heels when wearing jeans so I suppose anytime is okay. Why not?

Solitaire

Administrator
Staff member
I can't honestly say that I enjoy wearing heels all or even most of the time.

And being 5' 10" anyway, I do not feel the need to make myself any taller.

I will however wear them (max 4") if and when I am going out on a special occasion or if I need to wear them for perhaps a business meeting.

I must confess though that I do adore the way they make my legs look and the fact that I do feel so much more feminine.

Emily17

I personally only wear heels when I dress up.....but I do love the look they give my legs--especially since I was cursed with almost-cankles. :(

I live a tiny life at 4'11"
So I am constantly running around in heels. It all depends on what makes you comfortable. For example, I cannot wear stilettos. I totter around in them like a new-born giraffe except - unlike the giraffe- I never get used to my feet in them. I'll clutch walls, grip table tops, it's a mess. But a chunky heel or wedge? Sign me up, please! I'll wear four inch heels through the city and am known to work nine hour days on my feet in five inch platform wedges. The important thing is to know your limit and invest in well made and sturdy shoes. And... carry an emergency pair of flats at all times!

I usually go for something like this. 4' heels with a small platform and a heel that's just a little bit wider than regular.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 5''6, and I am fourteen years old. Although I may be of average or even above average height for my age, I find myself walking in heels. I do wear sneakers and comfortable flats from time to time but possessing such a personality where I think I am always under dressing no matter where I go or what theme an event is, so you will always find more than five pairs of heels in my wardrobe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not comfortable in any shoe with a heel higher than 4" and that is pushing it. I have a pair of 9 west dress pumps that have 3.5, maybe 4" heels and are actually very comfortable. My biggest problem is shoes with round toes and higher-heels. Probably just my foot shape, but there is no room for my toes. I have a pair of Madden Girl platform pumps that are barely tolerable and that is with Amope pads in the sole.

It really depends on your height. I wear a short heel or flats most of the time (1 inch or shorter) due to my age, I used to wear higher. My daughter works in the business world and dresses business casual-professional every day. She is short and can get away with tall heels so hers average around the 4 inch mark.