• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Hancock

Karla

I went to see Hancock last night. For those who have not seen the reviews yet, Will Smith plays the lead role. In my opinion he did a good job, the plot was full of suspense, I really couldn't have guessed that that lady was his wife. I was wondering how he could ever think of kissing another man's wife when that man was so good to him.

Janelle

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm hoping to see it soon. I think that Will Smith plays some great roles, with the exception of Men in Black. I am excited to go check it out, but right now I'm debating between this one and Get Smart.

Dina

I want to see it soon. I like superhero movies, and Will Smith was a good actor for I am Legend, Men in Black, and IRobot (To me anyways!). Plus, I end up watching Fresh Prince of Bel-Air everyday, so I'm a bit of a fan. :p

Angelina

Neither have I seen Hancock yet! I am not sure when am I gonna find some time to go out anyways. May be, next weekend :)
My cousin sisters were saying it is a comedy superhero film. I have read that it is based on the book Tonight, He Comes written by Vincent Ngo in 1996.

I was just wondering why Will Smith has to do the young hip-hop black guy that speaks with urban slang in "EACH AND EVERY SINGLE" movie.

Karla

Angelina, maybe he plays those roles well and brings a real 'feel' to it so they keep going back for him. It would be good if he got to play other roles though.

Angelina

May be, you are right Karla. But he bores the hell out of me with the same repetitive kind of characters :) I am awaiting to see him taking up different roles. Let him show us what else he has got :D

♥ Miss Kerry ♥

no i havent seen it yet looks good. I did watch kung fu panda the other night with my boyfriend. now thats a must see film. it is so funny!

Karla

I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda yet, and I don't have any immediate plans, but I know I will get around to it.

As for Will Smith, I am sure he's trying out other stuff, but the current roles he plays may be his strong points, and maybe he is having a hard time in proving that he can do something else.

Miss Cleo

I just love Will Smith...he's smooth. Yes, and I love his movies, from Fresh Prince , Independence Day, Men in Black...and so on. Oh, but Hancrock, I mean Hancock - I guess, the least said, the better.

KerryBerry

I saw Hancock this past weekend. I know alot of people seem to have negative reviews of it, but I enjoyed it. Will Smith is always funny in movies and this role was no different. I wish they would've went somewhere else with the plot instead of having another person with the powers. I didn't care for her that much.

I did like seeing Jason Bateman in a big role like this too. For the critics. It wasn't meant to be the best movie ever. It did what it was supposed to do, which is, entertain. How could you not laugh at some of those parts?

With that said, I probably won't watch it again, but I'm glad I did see it though.

Will Smith is a great performer. I have been following his career since he was in sitcoms as a teenager. I kinda liked Men in Black but my favorite movie he was in recently was I am Legion. Some excellent acting he did in that movie.

Christinegirl

Staff member
It's very easy for actors/actresses to get stereotyped in Hollywood. Then when they try to branch out and try different roles, sometimes the film/project isn't as "successful" (profit-making) for film studios - so the only work celebrities can get is basically playing the same parts over and over again.