• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Gynecological Exam

laura2015

Hi,

i have a question to the girls. In which age did you get your first pelvic or gynecological examination? Whas it performed by a female or a male doctor and what did they did? How often do you have this kind of exams and how old are you?

Some days ago I spoke to a friend from another town and she told me, that she never had seen a doctor for such an exam.

Thank you for your answers :)
Laura

Christinegirl

Why do you want to know what age we are now? (I'm just curious is not an acceptable answer. :D)

I was a teenager when I had my first pelvic exam (but usually they're done every few years, as an adult, unless you are experiencing pain, unusual discharge, etc.) Unfortunately, I didn't have a woman doctor - I would have felt a little more comfortable having a woman doctor.

During a pelvic exam, the doctor checks your reproductive organs (to see if there are any abnormalities, such as uterine fibroids) and usually does a pap smear.