• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Gym Gear

sandy brady

Hi all,
i v been trying to get healthy this past year and found it really hard to find clothes that fit me and complement my body, am not thin or tall like insta girls, anyone found any brand they like?
so far i v only found one!

Christinegirl

Staff member
Like I told Hello World at: How to look sexy
I'd probably have to delete the posts if anyone does. :D Spam and all, you know. ;)

I don't think it's so much the brand name. I find I have to try on clothes in the store and see which fits and compliments my body the most. (A lot of insta girls aren't tall or thin either. They just photoshop their pictures to make themselves look like that. Especially if they're payed by certain clothing companies to sell their brand. ;))

It's okay if we're not tall and thin. We're real women and real women (sometimes) have curves. :)

sandy brady

thanks for your reply @Christinegirl , its not so much about looking sexy, more about getting acc gear that fits nicely. They are all either too long/ too baggy/ too tights. Wondering it any curvey girls have discovered the secret to this eternal struggle lol

Christinegirl

Staff member
I find I often have to take clothes home and adjust them. For example, I'll often buy maternity tops and use pleats/tucks, take up the hem, etc. so they fit well.

Rhonda333

well thank you girls for the lovely compliment. When I'm in the gym I am focused 100% on me. Can I move that weight the planned number of times and I am totally oblivious to everything else. Of course, I'm not in your age group. If I was, I'd probably wear spandix.

sandy brady

Ah i am not so much bothered by people at the gym. my gym s like 90% men and i have been described as "the moody girl who doesnt talk" and it honestly just comes down to the fact it took me the will to go in the first place, i dont want to waste it chatting to anyone lOL