• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Going to school with a big brother who is considered extremely attractive

Nathalie02

My big brother and I have always been interested in economics and statistics (he is 22 and I am 18), but in order to be accepted to our dream program we needed to finish a couple math courses first, which we started last Summer.
And while I have always known that he is highly popular among girls, I didn't quite realise how much it would affect our studies.
He has one of those kinds of looks that tend to generally be highly desired - 6'6 tall, muscular V-shape and an overall visually beautiful face - and this is something that I have definitely noticed from other girls at our school.
I noticed immediately from day one that girls who saw him would give him long gazes, smile at him and say hi to him when they passed him, and if we stayed in the same room as other girls for any extended amount of time there would typically be some girl who approached him and awkwardly tried to flirt with him, or ask him for a date.
It was also totally obvious that any girls who interact with him really really wanted him:
they made long eye contact with an all too tender and loving gaze for either his or my own comfort, nervously twirled their hair, giggled and blushed all the time, gave him occasional discrete eyebrow flashes, nervously bit their lips, and gave him numerous compliments about his looks.
This happened so often during our first month there that we started telling girls that I was his girlfriend, and if we sat in the same room as other girls then we would try to act that part, for example I would sometimes sit on his lap with my arm around his neck while we studied, and we would hold hands if we went somewhere during a break.
This seemed to let us be alone, although of course girls would still flirt with him from a distance and sometimes approach him if I left him for more than a few minutes, and there were also moments when some girls asked him in the middle of a conversation how they look in some piece of clothing, which was always quite awkward, like for example asked him if a pair of leggings looked good on her, or asked him to button her top because "it was hard for her to do it" (he did help out that girl by the way, but he was very quick about it an kept the conversation short).
Obviously, these "tricks" were only their attempts to invite him to check them out, or get up close to them.

Naturally, even though we tried to make girls believe that I was his girlfriend, he still ended up dating a bunch of them for some time, and at that point we had to drop that act.

Is this a common scenario for guys like him?
And what would you say is the best way to handle it?

Last edited:

Christinegirl

Staff member
I think it's very natural for girls to act like this when a boy is handsome.
But your brother might not want to get involved with girls who flirt with him when they think he has a girlfriend. Real women don't "trespass on other women's territory".

Some of them might be shy, which is why they twirl their hair and bite their lips.

If he's going to date some of the girls, I don't think there is a whole lot you can do. I hope your brother won't neglect his studies in order to date girls, however. It would be a shame if he's not accepted into your dream program and you have to leave him behind.

Nathalie02

I think it's very natural for girls to act like this when a boy is handsome.
But your brother might not want to get involved with girls who flirt with him when they think he has a girlfriend. Real women don't "trespass on other women's territory".

Some of them might be shy, which is why they twirl their hair and bite their lips.

If he's going to date some of the girls, I don't think there is a whole lot you can do. I hope your brother won't neglect his studies in order to date girls, however. It would be a shame if he's not accepted into your dream program and you have to leave him behind.
Yes, we do manage to study sufficiently often, although if we were around other girls in the same room for a long time then I would typically have to sit on his lap in order to "look like" his girlfriend.

However, girls would still try to seduce him from a distance, like for example one girl was giving him a long and very sensual gaze while slowly moving one of her open hands over her whole upper body, and another girl was looking at him with very great interest and literally turned around for him for a while to show herself off for him - there were a couple times when this would distract him a bit so that he started checking them out, and I had to remind him that we should continue studying, and this almost always resulted in those girls giving me a brief jealous glare.
And then there was also a girl who simply walked up to him at a moment when I was some distance away, and sat down right next to him as close as possible and started being like "hey there, what's your name? can we meet?".

I mean, I get that most of these girls were probably about 18-19 years old and were very eager for some adventure with a guy who everyone considers mega-attractive, but it did sometimes bother us a bit.

Last edited:

sandy brady

am sorry, i find this scenario strange. I understand that it was disturbing your study time and all, but pretending to be your brother's gf is odd to me.
I don't know the thought process that led to this. I think you just need to be honest and tell your brother he can flirt in his own time. I don't think acting like his gf is the way to go, i think in some countries and states you could even get arrested and people may think it is incest.
Be honest with your brother and let him know that the distractions mean you cant focus back easily, he should know what to do and how to handle himself.
again i dont mean to judge you, just my opinion

Nathalie02

am sorry, i find this scenario strange. I understand that it was disturbing your study time and all, but pretending to be your brother's gf is odd to me.
I don't know the thought process that led to this. I think you just need to be honest and tell your brother he can flirt in his own time. I don't think acting like his gf is the way to go, i think in some countries and states you could even get arrested and people may think it is incest.
Be honest with your brother and let him know that the distractions mean you cant focus back easily, he should know what to do and how to handle himself.
again i dont mean to judge you, just my opinion
It was something that we just said to some of the girls, since we hoped that this would make them less "persistent".
And it seemed to work pretty well when we said it, so it seemed like the simplest solution.
And they didn't know that we were siblings, since we don't look that much alike and we also have different surnames.

However, sometimes we would meet girls who he has dating at that moment, and those girls would immediately start flirting a lot, and if he was just a little bit alone at that point then they would sometimes drag him into a nearby corridor restroom.
First time this happened I was quite baffled - I heard something that sounded exactly like a spank, followed by some sort of delighted squeak from the girl, and then they started kissing.
I am not sure if this is all they did, but I did hear right before I left that the girl was making small moans, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were doing more than that.
And then I also realised that he had not done anything at all in order to get to that siuation - he had literally been approached and asked out on hot dates by those girls, and they just simply wanted to get physical with him like that.

This was something that amazed me for a while, until I got used to it, but maybe this is something that usually only happens to guys who are considered especially attractive.

Last edited: