• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Girls, how many of you wear a girdle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilliane

View attachment 1384

Nothing else holds my stocking up as well as a girdle. But the main reason I wear one is that it keeps my tush from jiggling when I walk. Of course sometimes this is desirable, like when your walking through Home Depot on a Saturday. But for most other occasions, I'll opt for the control a girdle offers.
There's nothing wrong with anybody wearing a good girdle.

Knor 66

Telma,
You have to try it.buy a Nice girdle with 6 or 8 straps and Some stockings.you feel like a reql women.

There's nothing wrong with anybody wearing a good girdle.
Very Nice picture with the black girdle and perfect bra.i love it.

Some of my girdles.

Christinegirl

Staff member
Telma,
You have to try it.buy a Nice girdle with 6 or 8 straps and Some stockings.you feel like a reql women.
Nobody "has to" do anything. :D
I don't wear a girdle and I feel like a real woman.
Those things are kinda hard to put on, especially in the summer when the humidity is high. :oops::D

Christinegirl

Staff member
You know what I find that's even better? Wearing two layers of control-top (or even regular top) panty-hose (in the winter). They're easier to get on, they improve my figure, :) they're probably cheaper than a girdle, and they keep the cold out from my "undercarriage" and the tops of my thighs (even when it's snowing and windy). ;)

Christinegirl

Staff member
Two (or even three) layers of control-top panty hose flatten my tummy (and they don't seem to be as "bulky" or thick as a girdle).
But it all comes down to what we feel comfortable using. I'm glad girdles work for you. ღ

Gilliane

Two (or even three) layers of control-top panty hose flatten my tummy (and they don't seem to be as "bulky" or thick as a girdle).
But it all comes down to what we feel comfortable using. I'm glad girdles work for you. ღ
Nothing else comes near. My Rago 1294 isn't bulky at all, nor is my Playtex, rather they get rid of MY bulk instantly!

Gilliane

{You might not want to name specific brands as it may be considered advertising/spam.}
They are named everywhere, they have to be or otherwise people would not know what we are talking about. The two girdles I mentioned are of a classic nature.How would I say what I was wearing otherwise. I would have to go on all day, as you have me doing now trying to tell people what a Playtex or a Rago was without mentioning them by name, that would take pages and pages and people would still probably not know what I was talking about after all those pages:)

Even talking on TV it's allowed to mention Playtex when you are discussing such undergarments.

God knows I have tried panty hose control tops, I have tried Spanx ( another trade name in general usage), but only the proper girdles will do anything decent for me at all, and there are many people like me too.

No pantyhose or spanx is going to come near this type of girdle for flattening, shaping and giving a nice curved derriere.

Christinegirl

Staff member
The reason I mentioned you might not want to name specific brands on this forum (unlike TV and other websites/forums) is because the owner of this forum doesn't want us posting live links - it is considered advertising (as is mentioning specific brand names) and the post just gets deleted with the member possibly getting banned. You've already had a post on this thread (dated Feb 4, 2020) deleted by a staff member (not me) for inappropriate content.

If you don't agree with how this forum is set up, please ask the owner to change it (the next time he logs in. And ask him to PM me, please, because I have a few suggestions, myself! :D)

When you're talking about something, I recommend just using general terms (the way I did when I mentioned panty-hose. I didn't specify which brands I've found to be the best, one of which is also a well-known/classic brand).
In this thread, for example, just say "girdle". Nobody asked you what specific brands you use, just like I'm not "having you go on all day" - especially as you only started posting today at 5:03 am and your post was at 6:56 am.

Knor 66

Indeed,my husband loves them and for the most open bottom.and Nice seamed stockings.
But try also 8 straps garterbelt.they are also very sexy and not too expensive.i love the polkadot.
Nobody "has to" do anything. :D
I don't wear a girdle and I feel like a real woman.
Those things are kinda hard to put on, especially in the summer when the humidity is high. :oops::D
the real bitch........

Gilliane

So therefore we can't compare the relevant differences of the various brands of anything as applies to ourselves and our usage of products in everyday life, pointing out the good and the bad about them - which is not advertising but our own subjective comparative consumerism.
I can't say here, therefore , that I prefer Barrys to Lyons tea, which is fact- though my cousin prefers Lyons which again is fact, not advertising!
What's the point if we can't state and debate personal preferences here, though we can all over the rest of the Internet?

Sheeesh everybody, you're not allowed to even mention the name of your favourite coffee here at that rate!

So, the position here is that we can say whether we wear a girdle or not -but we can't state or compare the girdles we wear with one another?
And obviously just because one prefers to wear a girdle to two pairs of pantyhose as you stated that you like to do!

Christinegirl

Staff member
As I mentioned, it's the owner/administrator of a particular forum that makes the rules. I suggest discussing this issue with him, the next time he visits here. (Or discuss it with Solitaire, the forum administrator.) But I have seen posts deleted because a product was mentioned.

And obviously just because one prefers to wear a girdle to two pairs of pantyhose as you stated that you like to do!
Nobody is saying there's anything wrong with wearing a girdle.

Christinegirl

Staff member
Hello gilliane,
Do you have a photo of yourselve?
I,ma very excited.......
I'm sorry, hon, but that might be considered inappropriate. (I've also seen posts of ladies in their underwear - tasteful pictures - that were deleted on this forum.)

Me too Knor. I'm sure it wouldn't stop the butt jiggle like a girdle does.
I don't jiggle and I have plenty of "junk in my trunk". :D (That's one of the reasons I like wearing two or three layers. It keeps everything a little more "quiet". ;) )

Christinegirl

Staff member
Knor 66 said:
Hello gilliane,
Do you have a photo of yourselve?
I,ma very excited.......
I'm sorry, hon, but that might be considered inappropriate. (I've also seen posts of ladies in their underwear - tasteful pictures - that were deleted on this forum.)
P.S. I just remembered, Rhonda333 posted a pic of a woman in her underwear at the beginning of this thread and it hasn't been deleted.
I was referring to two posts from two different members, showing pics of actresses/models in their underwear (again, tasteful pics - with even less of a see-thru bra than the pic at the beginning of this thread). I didn't delete the posts but Solitaire (the forum administrator) did.

So I don't know, maybe it would be okay. But I wouldn't recommend asking for photos/posting photos unless you don't mind that the whole world (literally) can potentially see them.

P.P.S. I just noticed, Knor66, your post was deleted:
  • Deleted by Solitaire Today at 2:07 PM Reason: Not Appropriate

Status
Not open for further replies.