• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Girls, how many of you wear a girdle?

Rhonda333

black ob .jpg

Nothing else holds my stocking up as well as a girdle. But the main reason I wear one is that it keeps my tush from jiggling when I walk. Of course sometimes this is desirable, like when your walking through Home Depot on a Saturday. But for most other occasions, I'll opt for the control a girdle offers.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlene

I realize wearing stockings and a girdle or garter belt are things of the past for the new generation of young girls. I normally wear stockings and a open bottom girdle to formal events. It makes me feel so feminine.Rarely do I wear pantyhose. Verry nice lingerie at secrets in lace. Girdles at rago or American shapewear. ladies, try it, I can guarantee your husband's, SO's, or boyfriends will thank you. Lol

Rhonda333

I agree Charlene. Nothing else has the power of black stockings and a garter belt or girdle. Things of the past?? I doubt it. Men still respond as they always have. Young girls are dealing with young studs who will f. anything on the spur of the moment. Later on they will realize they must be temptresses and the black nylon will be in season. I only wear pantyhose for work because its so cheap. For going out its really nice stuff from Secrets in lace. So perhaps I can be excused if I flash a bit more leg than necessary getting out of a car.

charlene

I agree Rhonda about young studs these days. I have provided my daughter (14) with a variety of garter belts (not girdles) and stockings which she wears, quite willingly, when we go to weddings, christenings, etc.My mom did the same thing for me. I just believe it is a very feminine thing to do.

Rhonda333

It is a wonderful thing to experience. My mother did much the same thing with me. She really groomed me as a girl in my teen years. I loved it.

The closest I've come to wearing a girdle is control top pantyhose. I've tried various forms of lingerie, but always felt like a fish out of water.

Christinegirl

Staff member
I find girdles very difficult to put on and get out of, especially in the hot sticky summers.

So when I have a pair of pantyhose and there's a run in the legs, I cut off the legs (about mid-thigh) and they serve as a pair of "panties". If I want a little extra support around the mid-section, especially when I have my monthly period and I feel a little bloated/swollen, I put on my pantyhose first, then add the pantyhose-panties. It feels nice and snug and I can remove each "layer" at a time.

If I need some "heavy duty" support, :D I do the same thing (as above) but with control-top pantyhose. And I find this method lasts longer than a girdle (which often looses its elasticity with age). ;)

Gilliane

I wear a girdle every day. It's usually one of my Playtex 18-Hour models with suspenders (garters) for to hold up my nylons. I've been wearing the girdle all my life since I was 13. It does take a lot of time, patience and effort to get used to it in the beginning. I remember at the start I never liked my buttocks squashed in together all the time, but ever since I don't notice it. All I ever feel is a nice hug as my buttocks are firmly contained and stopped from wobbling as I tip down the street on my heels.

What you get to like eventually is not only the shaping where you are the neatest figure in the room always, but the support which can be blessed at times. And the best most comfy way to wear nylons are with your stockings securely held by the suspenders of your girdle - there was no better way ever invented.

As for the girdle itself, with patience and persistence you get over it. And it can work wonders. Soon enough you even get to miss it when it's not on! Especially the front panel holding the belly flat - that's a mercy. And fat thighs controlled too.

of course there are times when it can be a bit "overcoming" , when even we can feel like taking it down. The one thing that always stopped me doing that is the thought of putting it and the stockings all back on again. Such pressing times go as quick as they come. I hardly ever even think of the girdle on me when I'm engrossed in something, TV, Facebook or just chatting.

There are so many women today who would profit enormously in their looks from wearing a good girdle and nylons. But make sure to get the right size, goes without saying but especially in a girdle.

Gilliane

Nothing else holds my stocking up as well as a girdle. But the main reason I wear one is that it keeps my tush from jiggling when I walk. Of course sometimes this is desirable, like when your walking through Home Depot on a Saturday. But for most other occasions, I'll opt for the control a girdle offers.
There were many reasons to wear girdles, the main one being as you say, to stop the jiggling in a maturing female, to hide the 'divide' of her growing bottom. Most girls loved getting their first girdles and nylons to feel real grown up and for the lovely figures and flat bellies they produce . Then it is quite amazing after a time how so used you become to wearing a girdle and gradually it becomes more and more comfortable, snug, necessary - and then indispensable. Stockings become essential on your legs too. Eventually you feel all loose and even naked without it. It sets off your figure in a neat shift dress and makes you feel special and in time the support becomes really necessary too.

It is a wonderful thing to experience. My mother did much the same thing with me. She really groomed me as a girl in my teen years. I loved it.
How do you actually feel in a girdle, Rhonda? I love it too but there are times I'd love to take it down for a few minutes. However, I never do as it's so much trouble to get it back up, on and 'right' again. I love a satinised front panel especially to flatten and support my belly and I really like the hug it gives to my bottom.I always have to have a girdle with a waistband and the nylons are the icing on the cake

charlene

Gilliane, Yes I agree with all you have said about the feel and fit of a girdle but I think you are missing one of the most important benefits of wearing a girdle. From my experience, when my SO sees me in an open bottom girdle and stockings, lets just say we are in bed in about 5 minutes! Yes it does take a bit longer to get naked but the wait is well worth it! Charlene

Rhonda333

Gilliane- I feel just like these other girls report about wearing a girdle. Smooth and a well controlled figure. Agree with Charlene too- Men respond quite predictably to seeing a mature woman in bra and girdle. Love it.

charlene

Gilliane, its unfortunate that today not many girls/women even wear pantyhose anymore. What they don't realize though, as a dear friend of mine once said, " Lingerie is one of the tools in a girls/woman's (seduction) toolbox".

charlene

Ella, I would encourage you to at least try wearing an open bottom girdle with stockings to see how very feminine it makes you feel. Try it for your husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, or even just yourself. You will not regret it. Charlene

Rhonda333

Controlling my butt jiggle is specially important to me. A few years ago I had a butt implant to round out my figure and bring my lower body into proportion with my upper. It did that just fine and I was pleased with my contours. But no one told me I would jiggle when I walked and it was specially pronounced when I wore heels. Now this is not all bad, but its certainly not acceptable in the business world. I find that a girdle- either open bottom or closed controls the jiggle just fine.