• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Girls, how many of you wear a girdle?

Rhonda333

Staff member
black ob .jpg

Nothing else holds my stocking up as well as a girdle. But the main reason I wear one is that it keeps my tush from jiggling when I walk. Of course sometimes this is desirable, like when your walking through Home Depot on a Saturday. But for most other occasions, I'll opt for the control a girdle offers.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlene

I realize wearing stockings and a girdle or garter belt are things of the past for the new generation of young girls. I normally wear stockings and a open bottom girdle to formal events. It makes me feel so feminine.Rarely do I wear pantyhose. Verry nice lingerie at secrets in lace. Girdles at rago or American shapewear. ladies, try it, I can guarantee your husband's, SO's, or boyfriends will thank you. Lol

Rhonda333

Staff member
I agree Charlene. Nothing else has the power of black stockings and a garter belt or girdle. Things of the past?? I doubt it. Men still respond as they always have. Young girls are dealing with young studs who will f. anything on the spur of the moment. Later on they will realize they must be temptresses and the black nylon will be in season. I only wear pantyhose for work because its so cheap. For going out its really nice stuff from Secrets in lace. So perhaps I can be excused if I flash a bit more leg than necessary getting out of a car.

charlene

I agree Rhonda about young studs these days. I have provided my daughter (14) with a variety of garter belts (not girdles) and stockings which she wears, quite willingly, when we go to weddings, christenings, etc.My mom did the same thing for me. I just believe it is a very feminine thing to do.

Rhonda333

Staff member
It is a wonderful thing to experience. My mother did much the same thing with me. She really groomed me as a girl in my teen years. I loved it.

ColorfulColoradan

The closest I've come to wearing a girdle is control top pantyhose. I've tried various forms of lingerie, but always felt like a fish out of water.

I find girdles very difficult to put on and get out of, especially in the hot sticky summers.

So when I have a pair of pantyhose and there's a run in the legs, I cut off the legs (about mid-thigh) and they serve as a pair of "panties". If I want a little extra support around the mid-section, especially when I have my monthly period and I feel a little bloated/swollen, I put on my pantyhose first, then add the pantyhose-panties. It feels nice and snug and I can remove each "layer" at a time.

If I need some "heavy duty" support, :D I do the same thing (as above) but with control-top pantyhose. And I find this method lasts longer than a girdle (which often looses its elasticity with age). ;)