• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Gender neutral bathrooms- your take?

Rhonda333

So I suppose, of all people, I should rejoice to see so many shops and stores going to gender neutral bathrooms. But I'm not. I find them demeaning. I don't want to be seen as a neutral gender. I want to go into a women's (only) room. How do you ladies feel

Last edited:

Zjed

Very nightly
I don't mind gender neutral bathrooms at all, I think it's neat that one doesn't have to worry about going to the right bathroom. :) The most important thing to me is that there's a bathroom at least available when it's needed.

sandy brady

gender neutral toilets are the worst. they are always dirty. i dont know if my university just has dirty people in general or the people who go into the gender neutral toilets just dont care about bacteria and STDs.
Personally i dont see the point in a gender neutral toilet. you wanna go into a female toilet. do it. you wanna go into a male toilet . do it. dont trouble me with where you are going to pee

Redgirl

I don't see what good can come from gender neutral toilets. What purpose does it serve to put women in a dangerous or compromised situation when she's trying to do her business? It doesn't elevate anyone's status and no matter what the media likes to brainwash people into thinking, women and men are not the same. Trying to push some lame agenda is not only asinine but dangerous.

JaydeD

I don't see what good can come from gender neutral toilets. What purpose does it serve to put women in a dangerous or compromised situation when she's trying to do her business? It doesn't elevate anyone's status and no matter what the media likes to brainwash people into thinking, women and men are not the same. Trying to push some lame agenda is not only asinine but dangerous.
That's a good point. By the way, I remembered I saw a pair of portable toilets like these mentioned near a camping site in Norfolk. They were literally the same inside and outside just had different labels from men and women. For me, I don't really matter about gender neutral bathrooms, for me the most important thing is cleanliness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Christinegirl

Staff member
A friend of mine went to a woman's only public restroom, one day, and (to make a long story short), found out that a man was masturbating in the stall next to her. It bothered her greatly (as we can imagine).
So I'm thinking this kind of thing could happen all that much more if men were allowed to use the same restroom-room as women.

I know I wouldn't be comfortable urinating if I thought a male stranger was in the room! Creepy!! :oops:

MissAndi

I'm not very thrilled with the idea. This just opens the door to so many possibilities which I can not see any good results. It actually creeps me out just thinking about it.