• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Gastric Bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabryna

So many people are opting for this type of surgery in order to lose weight. Alot of people do try to lose it the natural way, and then it becomes medically necessary. I just think too many people are thinking that this is the only way to go. What do you all think?

Angelina

I think this is not the right way to reduce way at all! Guess what are the doctor doing in this operation? They are shrinking our digestive system and make it to take not more than 30 ml at a stretch! This surely is gonna make one weak instead of lean!

Dina

I've considered it, but would probably never go through with it. I'm not obese- just a little chubby in the stomach, and that doesn't hurt anyone, nor is it hard to lose if you work out everyday.

Plus, I see those shows that show women when they had gastric bypass surgury...and end up with huge flabs of skin sticking to their arms and legs, and have this huge hole in the stomach....ugh, no, I would never want to marr my body like that.

Karla

I think such a surgery should be left to those who have absolutely no other choice. It is too risky and each person's result seem to be unique in some way.

anae03

It is definitely not the only or the best way... People without any other problem than their obesity can actually die with some complication, so, if anyone ask me I would recommend to go for the natural way as much as possible and only to opt for gastric bypass in those extreme cases when people can't even get up from a bed... I don't know, let's ask a surgeon.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.