• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Eye Cream or Regular Moisturizer?

Crystalxo

Ladies, need your advice on this. I would like to use a regular moisturizer as an eye cream because of my tight budget, I really cannot afford a lot of products. The way I am planning to use this is the dab whatever is left over in my fingers around my eyes after I moisturize my skin. Will this be okay? Thanks In Advance.

The Moisturizer I am using currently is Olay Beauty Fluid.
Face wash is Dove Beauty Moisture.

:)

Christinegirl

Staff member
The face wash is fine because we rinse it off.
Moisturizers for our face and body may contain chemicals that can irritate the eyes. I'd use a cream/lotion specially made for around the eyes - even if it's a generic/store brand product. They often contain less chemicals and are less expensive than brand-name products. (We often pay for the brand name/label.) ;)

Livintheglow

Most moisturizers I've tried around the eye area sting a little bit. Ideally, an eye cream is beneficial for the sensitive skin around the eyes but if you're really tight on budget, you can try and see if the moisturizer you're using now feels okay. Put just a tiny little dot but don't get it too near your eyes. If you don't see any bad skin reactions like irritation, redness, stinging, then you should be okay. Just try not to rub your eyes so it doesn't get in there.

Christinegirl

Staff member
In my personal experience, if I put any kind of body lotion or cream anywhere near my eyes, my eyes would get that "tired" look (as if I was slightly squinting) and people would even comment on how tired I looked.

I don't know if this would help, but what I suggest (after washing my face but before toweling off), is getting a dot of possibly vaseline/vegetable oil (or some other kind of oil that we ingest - hopefully it's safer) and rub it between our fingers and thumb and then just "pat" our fingers under our eyes (to hopefully "lock in" the moisture from washing our face). If it's too "shiny", I'd just pat a dry part of my hand on the area.

I just tried it and I can still feel the moisture under my eyes. :)

Cinderella-ella

No, never use face cream for your eyes, because skin under eyes is 4 times thinner and more sensetive thus it needs special product, cream for eyes