• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Does first Impression matters to you?

Christinegirl

First impressions matter to me but I'm more interested in getting to know the person better before making any judgements.
I care about how someone looks but ultimately it doesn't matter. I care more about how they speak as far as what kind of attitude they have, whether they're polite or not, etc.

TammyValentine

First impressions matter to me but I'm more interested in getting to know the person better before making any judgements.
I care about how someone looks but ultimately it doesn't matter. I care more about how they speak as far as what kind of attitude they have, whether they're polite or not, etc.
I think attitude is important too. At times I would never meet someone twice if they are rude.

Rhonda333

Agree with both above, but I always look at a mans shoes- well women too. But if a man is wearing shabby run down innapropriate shoes- like running shoes with a suit, I tend to dismiss them as careless. Same with basic hygiene. If they are ungroomed they probably don't care about other basic things in life.

alexispatt

Appearance matters, definitely. But it's not THE major factor to decide whether I like someone or not. Sometimes a person becomes more attractive the more you talk, sometimes the other way around. And I agree with the others, attitude and politeness matters SO much

Christinegirl

I brought up the factor of getting to know the person better - meaning; first impressions matter/are important to me, but not as much as getting to know the person and then making a judgement/decision.

TammyValentine

Agree with both above, but I always look at a mans shoes- well women too. But if a man is wearing shabby run down innapropriate shoes- like running shoes with a suit, I tend to dismiss them as careless. Same with basic hygiene. If they are ungroomed they probably don't care about other basic things in life.
Running shoes with a suit. Bleh. I won't go near them. I would tell them " sorry I just remembered I got something to do" and head home.

Enigma

When you meet someone the first time. Do you care how they look or how they speak?
May be yes. It does affect but don't give a shit about it. I met lot of people in my life who's first impressions were worst and like a bitch but now we got along really well. My best friend was my bully earlier but now we have 8 years of friendship together. So don't get too bother by the first impression shit. It's obvious that we think we'll always have our first impression good on others or others on us but that never happens so chill

TammyValentine

May be yes. It does affect but don't give a shit about it. I met lot of people in my life who's first impressions were worst and like a bitch but now we got along really well. My best friend was my bully earlier but now we have 8 years of friendship together. So don't get too bother by the first impression shit. It's obvious that we think we'll always have our first impression good on others or others on us but that never happens so chill
That takes a lot of patience and understanding. It's great that you guys get along after.