• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Do you support abortion?

danigirl11496

I am very pro life all because I believe that every human being has the right to his/her body. Yes, a woman can say "my body my choice" which is true. But that baby inside of her is not her body, just like the woman isn't her mother's body. Technically she does have the right to decide if the baby gets to live or not, since the law says she does. But it is no different than killing a person outside of the womb!

I have a lists of reasons why I am very against abortion---

1.) More than likely, that baby has a heartbeat (a baby has a heartbeat normally as early as 5 weeks.) Most women find out either after this time period or right before. But by the time the abortion would be done the baby would more than likely already have a heart beat. In fact, it very possibly will have human like features (as early as 8 weeks) and working organs.

2.) That is a LIVING human being. I don't agree with the fact that it's only a bunch of cells because that's all we are is a bunch of cells. Also, don't say "Well it wouldn't be able to survive on its own anyway". Well, what about people who are in critical condition in a hospital with the POTENTIAL to be able to get out of it and live life as normal just as a fetus has the POTENTIAL to be born and live life as normal. Also, yes - there IS life. Spontaneous generation (the theory that life is formed through non-living matter) has been very much DISPROVEN There is life in there.

3.) I don't agree with "well it can't feel pain when you do it". Well if you shoot someone in the head chances are they can't feel it. Does it make it right?

4.) That baby has done nothing wrong. It deserves life just as much as anyone else. And it's not fair to abort a child who can't speak for itself.

5.) I agree with "my body my choice". Yes, do what you want to YOUR body. But that fetus/baby inside of you is NOT your body. That baby has it's own body and your child's body is NOT your choice. Just like your body is not your mother's choice.

6.) There are so many babies who would be absolute BLESSINGS to people who can not have children. My aunt adopted my 8 year old cousin from a 14 year old girl who was kicked out of her house (and the father had no idea she was pregnant) years after two ectopic pregnancies. That baby, my cousin, COULD have been aborted but her birth mother chose the beautiful choice of life instead of death and my cousin is beautiful, bright, smart, wonderful, sweet, kind, and the best thing in my aunt's life.

7.) Girls like me who have miscarried can not help that we lost our babies. And it is very offensive when girls abort their babies because they can potentially have perfectly healthy and alive babies that we wish we could have.

8.) Also, abortions can be VERY traumatic to women. Because although I hate abortions, I forgive those who have them. I follow deeply to the words "hate the sin, not the sinner". And I feel for those women deeply for making their mistakes and after it's done, you can't get that baby back. And they will live with that for the rest of their lives.

Like #8 says, I don't look down on people who abort their babies (unless it's someone who keeps having it done over and over). I mean, getting pregnant can be a horrifying thing and some women feel scared and pressured into it. That doesn't mean I think it's right, and that doesn't mean I would get one. That doesn't mean I would encourage anyone to get one. But we're all human and make mistakes which is why I'm an easy forgiver.

danigirl11496

I wholeheartedly support abortion. By all means, if you don't want a kid, feel free. I know there have been politicians saying that the child has a 'right to life' and all that jazz, but... whatever. I mean, come on, saying abortion is wrong is like saying eating food is wrong. Food was once alive, too, you know. Do they not have a right to life?
Food and babies are different considering that food we eat are animals and plants and eating is needed for survival. In most cases (with the exception of few), an abortion of another human being is not a necessity of life. In fact it contradicts the necessity of life by taking away life itself of the same species. And we're talking about a human being like me, you, and most other people. A human being that has potential to walk, talk, laugh, smile, run, dance, sing, learn, make mistakes, have talent, and everything else us people do. Very, very different from animals.

Brainwreck

I can see your point but you didn't think of the girls who didn't have a chance or choice. Some girls who are innocent are going to have a child of a father that has forced it to happen. Honestly, i think it would hurt a lot more for both the child and the mother. For the child, do you think it would be easy without a real father? And for the mother, if she was a teen or not, she would have to bring up a child on her own, that wasn't her fault and THAT is not fair.

J

jumpybouncy

I don't support abortion but I am thankful for Planned Parenthood. I get birth control pills from there which I need for another condition, and I would be in excruciating pain once a month if I could not go to Planned Parenthood and get free help.

Trinity Kim

I am very pro life all because I believe that every human being has the right to his/her body. Yes, a woman can say "my body my choice" which is true. But that baby inside of her is not her body, just like the woman isn't her mother's body. Technically she does have the right to decide if the baby gets to live or not, since the law says she does. But it is no different than killing a person outside of the womb!

I have a lists of reasons why I am very against abortion---

1.) More than likely, that baby has a heartbeat (a baby has a heartbeat normally as early as 5 weeks.) Most women find out either after this time period or right before. But by the time the abortion would be done the baby would more than likely already have a heart beat. In fact, it very possibly will have human like features (as early as 8 weeks) and working organs.

2.) That is a LIVING human being. I don't agree with the fact that it's only a bunch of cells because that's all we are is a bunch of cells. Also, don't say "Well it wouldn't be able to survive on its own anyway". Well, what about people who are in critical condition in a hospital with the POTENTIAL to be able to get out of it and live life as normal just as a fetus has the POTENTIAL to be born and live life as normal. Also, yes - there IS life. Spontaneous generation (the theory that life is formed through non-living matter) has been very much DISPROVEN There is life in there.

3.) I don't agree with "well it can't feel pain when you do it". Well if you shoot someone in the head chances are they can't feel it. Does it make it right?

4.) That baby has done nothing wrong. It deserves life just as much as anyone else. And it's not fair to abort a child who can't speak for itself.

5.) I agree with "my body my choice". Yes, do what you want to YOUR body. But that fetus/baby inside of you is NOT your body. That baby has it's own body and your child's body is NOT your choice. Just like your body is not your mother's choice.

6.) There are so many babies who would be absolute BLESSINGS to people who can not have children. My aunt adopted my 8 year old cousin from a 14 year old girl who was kicked out of her house (and the father had no idea she was pregnant) years after two ectopic pregnancies. That baby, my cousin, COULD have been aborted but her birth mother chose the beautiful choice of life instead of death and my cousin is beautiful, bright, smart, wonderful, sweet, kind, and the best thing in my aunt's life.

7.) Girls like me who have miscarried can not help that we lost our babies. And it is very offensive when girls abort their babies because they can potentially have perfectly healthy and alive babies that we wish we could have.

8.) Also, abortions can be VERY traumatic to women. Because although I hate abortions, I forgive those who have them. I follow deeply to the words "hate the sin, not the sinner". And I feel for those women deeply for making their mistakes and after it's done, you can't get that baby back. And they will live with that for the rest of their lives.

Like #8 says, I don't look down on people who abort their babies (unless it's someone who keeps having it done over and over). I mean, getting pregnant can be a horrifying thing and some women feel scared and pressured into it. That doesn't mean I think it's right, and that doesn't mean I would get one. That doesn't mean I would encourage anyone to get one. But we're all human and make mistakes which is why I'm an easy forgiver.
1. So, somehow, having a heartbeat, humane features, and possibly working organs automatically rules out abortion as an option?

2. Yes, it has the 'potential', but so does that dog that the local shelter just put down. Are we not allowed to put down dogs anymore (although this is addressing a whole other debate about whether or not it should be allowed to do so)?

3. It's not the fact that it doesn't feel pain that makes it right, it's the fact that it doesn't feel pain that softens to already-made decision to kill him/her. When a person is going to be shot, they're going to die, sometimes people just shoot randomly, but sometimes they shoot the head with the intention of causing minimal pain. The fact that the fetus cannot feel pain is just used to support the fact that if they do do it, it won't necessarily bother the fetus intentionally.

4. Since when has life been fair? It's certainly not fair that there are countries living under a dictatorship. Does that mean it cannot happen? The country has done nothing wrong, it should be able to speak for itself. But, of course, the dictator in question just shoots whomever does speak.

5. Unfortunately for that fetus, it can't make a choice at its state of consciousness. But if you'd like to expect an answer, go ahead.

6. We don't need more children, there are plenty of starving, solitary, helpless children who need a caretaker or a family, there is absolutely no point in producing another to take the place of someone who has maybe been suffering for 10 years plus. It's typical to take care of the current excess before generating more.

7. So abortion should be illegal because it offends some people?

8. And although it offends you, you forgive them. Where is the problem there? Perhaps the woman didn't find it a sin, didn't think of it as a mistake but a relief: because, like you said, 'getting pregnant can be a horrifying thing and some women feel scared and pressured into it'.

Food and babies are different considering that food we eat are animals and plants and eating is needed for survival. In most cases (with the exception of few), an abortion of another human being is not a necessity of life. In fact it contradicts the necessity of life by taking away life itself of the same species. And we're talking about a human being like me, you, and most other people. A human being that has potential to walk, talk, laugh, smile, run, dance, sing, learn, make mistakes, have talent, and everything else us people do. Very, very different from animals.
True, very true. Up until the end. 'Very, very different from animals'. It would be a shame to state such things as though an animal couldn't 'walk, talk [communicate], laugh, smile, run, dance, sing, learn, make mistakes, have talent, and everything else us people do'. Certainly, as a given, they can walk, talk [communicate], run, 'sing' (in the case of birds, for instance), learn, and make mistakes. Perhaps their cortexes don't react to humour in such a way of laughing, but they can smile (some, anyway). Dancing may be debated, but mating 'dances' (in the case of a Demoiselle Crane, for instance, or other unique birds) are definitely present.

But reverting to the original note at hand, it is true that food is a necessity of life and abortion is usually not. However, 'it contradicts the necessity of life by taking away life itself of the same species', can be argued. There is a species of lion (I believe it is the Serengeti lion) that makes a habit of killing off one another, members of their own species, in order to maintain territory and have enough food and water (which there is a shortage of in their natural habitat) for the current population.

But perhaps abortion is a necessity to life.
Our current population is growing at an alarmingly dangerous rate. Sooner or later, the human population will self-destruct because it will become so overcrowded that such events as global warming will not be able to be delayed any further, and the planet will reach temperatures so intense that the human population will not be able to survive. If this happens, it will be either because of the current population's apathy or the rapidly increasing population. Or both. In the latter cases, the population would be rising. By eliminating the option of abortion, more and more human beings are being produced faster than they die, because we're also improving medicines and life expectancies.
If we encourage this increase, we're encouraging our end, and probably the end of quite a lot of Earth's life.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sohe Bino

I DO NOT support abortion. It's like basically killing our selves. Abortions can be very painful, and you can lose a LOT of blood. Being a mother is not easy, but there are options like giving up your child for adoption. If our parents had an abortion while pregnant with us, we wouldn't be here. In conclusion, I definitely do not support abortion.

M

Molly Brown

I have nothing against abortion, I feel that it's up to the woman to choose what she feels is best. I think what many people forget is that contraception is not 100% effective, and woman can still get pregnant even if they are careful and responsible.

There's always a possibility of a child growing up into a bad home or raised by bad parents and I wouldn't want that for any child. I'm not saying a child is better off dead than living in a bad place, but I don't think it's right that a child might have to suffer in future life because a woman could not chose to have an abortion.

I only disagree with abortion after 24 weeks (Which is the UK law) If a woman wants to get an abortion I would hope that she tries to have one as early as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

saba saleem

no its a big sin how can a mother do this . am not supported and i don't know why people kill a poor life

G

Globalemag

I am with abortion if pregnancy is not correct or you can say there would be complications with the baby and that too within first three months, after that I thinks its better let the angel come to earth and see how it goes, Angels have no matches.

H

Hi_im_princess

my opinon on the matter is ... abortion is there if needed like if a woman has been sexually abused or whatever then they have no choice because they will think well what if it looks like my abuser they wont be able to bond with the child . also all ive read is people saying that by abortion its killing a child when technically its not even i baby yet its still a little egg there for its not murdering and people who think this need to think is it a full grown baby yet ? the answer to that question is no its not ... so yeah thats my opinon

G

Globalemag

my opinon on the matter is ... abortion is there if needed like if a woman has been sexually abused or whatever then they have no choice because they will think well what if it looks like my abuser they wont be able to bond with the child . also all ive read is people saying that by abortion its killing a child when technically its not even i baby yet its still a little egg there for its not murdering and people who think this need to think is it a full grown baby yet ? the answer to that question is no its not ... so yeah thats my opinon

What you are saying is a stage that's too early to say its a baby, it takes almost three months for an egg to take shape of baby, so i think there is no point saying its murdering, with regard to murdering is a situation say like you came to know about baby that it has few disabilities at a later stage like after five or six months and then you aborting a baby is killing angel and that no one should ever do, its better educating girls regarding this so that when they are in such situation they should know how important it is and how they should go about it, careless behaviour at this point will definitely lead to worse

M

Molly Brown

What you are saying is a stage that's too early to say its a baby, it takes almost three months for an egg to take shape of baby, so i think there is no point saying its murdering, with regard to murdering is a situation say like you came to know about baby that it has few disabilities at a later stage like after five or six months and then you aborting a baby is killing angel and that no one should ever do, its better educating girls regarding this so that when they are in such situation they should know how important it is and how they should go about it, careless behaviour at this point will definitely lead to worse
You've made a good point there. I honestly believe that people do not educate younger people about the whole sex topic. They tell you the facts about growing up, but they never teach the topics like abortion or possibly choosing to keep a baby. Some of my friends were not taught about the use of contraception either and I think it's important to discuss these topics and make the younger generation aware that sex has it's advantages and disadvantages, as well as the facts about puberty etc. I think it's even more important for younger people to be taught about it especially at the ages of 15-16. My school touched briefly on the subject but I only learnt about changes to the body. I'm 16 now and I'm still in school yet my school has done nothing to teach it's students the facts about abortion and all the topics that link with sex. I think that if they were to talk about these things, more young people would understand and they might think before they act.

xsophiex

I would say Abortion is a SIN. No one in this world has any right to kill a little cute unborn soul. Some people argue saying if the couple feel they can not bring up a kid, abortion will be the best solution in that case. My point is, if the damn couple should be knowing if they can spend to bring up a new born baby or not. If they feel they can not why do they even indulge in "THAT"? Even if they want to let then DO IT in the safe way. Why to get pregnant and kill a pure life?

What do you think about it?
hi guys!
i am actually dutch and i'm only learning english for one year, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes!
personally I think abortion isn't killing. you're only killing one single cell. but, I think abortion is only for the women who have been raped, or who got pregnant in a terrible way. because although it's just a cell it does is a future living creature.
so, if you can have the baby, than keep it that's way better than abortion, and what's also better is adoption!
there's always a better way!

Kari

Pink Lover
I totally support abortion. I mean, no one but me can decide what is best for my future, so I'm going to do everything in my hands to avoid 'ruining' my life with a non-wanted child, starting with the use of condom or pills.

I think education is the beggining of it all.

I am AGAINST abortion. it is killing a living being. if you don't want a child then give it up for adoption. and you shouldn't having sex till your married anyway(unless raped).

Sherri

I totally support abortion. I mean, no one but me can decide what is best for my future, so I'm going to do everything in my hands to avoid 'ruining' my life with a non-wanted child, starting with the use of condom or pills.

I think education is the beggining of it all.
Agreed. if a person doesn't want a child, then use pills or protection. Education is key.

A

Amanduhh

I'm all for abortion if pregnancy results from being raped. There is no way I'm going to want something inside me that I didn't ask for, didn't want, wasn't ready for.... and was put there by some unknown creep.....violently!
Getting pregnant is supposed to be through an act of love.....and rape is NOT an act of love