• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Do you shave your legs girls?

Rhonda333

I been noticing that a lot of girls at the gym seem to have given up shaving their legs. I'm not talking about peach fuzz because some are hairy enough to be seen across the room. I can't imagine neglecting this important element of feminine hygiene. And what must men think? Of course if they were wearing yoga pants or sweat pants you couldn't tell. But these girls are all in shorts.

Last edited by a moderator:

proudgal

Personally I prefer waxing or even hair removers over razors. I'm not a fan of razors. However, I guess its important that a woman should be well groomed always. During this pandemic times, when a lot of us are working from home its highly possible that we don't take grooming as seriously as before , you know we can be more relaxed thinking who is gonna see me anyway. But I believe its important to be well groomed even when we are at home. Taking a shower in morning, having breakfast on time, ensuring our family is taken care of, wearing clean and nice clothes(may be colourful n lively?) , threading the eyebrows, taking care of the upper lips hair etc can make a lot of difference.

Rhonda333

I certainly agree that hygiene should not be a part time effort. Although I think most men have happily abandoned routine shaving and have adopted the grung look- even in business.

Christinegirl

Staff member
I been noticing that a lot of girls at the gym seem to have given up shaving their legs. I'm not talking about peach fuzz because some are hairy enough to be seen across the room. I can't imagine neglecting this important element of feminine hygiene. And what must men think? Of course if they were wearing yoga pants or sweat pants you couldn't tell. But these girls are all in shorts.
Good for them, I say. We can have clean legs (good hygiene) and have hair on them. If it's good enough for guys, why can't it be good enough for us!

And who cares what men think! Most of them are probably looking at our butts and boobs to notice whether we have hair on our legs or not, unless he's a leg man... :D

I think as a society, we put too much importance on what a woman looks like. Of course it's good to look nice (and we should always try to be clean, etc.) but too often, there's a double standard: a woman gets criticized for doing what a man does - but nobody complains when a man does it! We, especially as women, need to get away from that mentality.
That's my personal opinion anyway. :)

Rhonda333

Nothing attractive about leg hair protruding through nylon stockings, Yes we put a lot of importance on what a woman looks like. But then. we do that to ourselves. How much time do you spend every day Christine grooming yourself. Lots more than men to be sure.

Christinegirl

Staff member
How closely are people looking at our legs! :D Maybe ladies with a lot of leg hair could wear dark colored panty-hose or leggings.

That's my point: maybe we (as women) should be more supportive and accepting of each others' differences. It's bad enough that too many men are quick to criticize us for doing a quarter of what they do, without us turning on each other and acting catty or b****-y: "Oh, did you see what she was wearing?..."

You're right. I do spend more time, than men, grooming myself (probably) but that's because I have long hair. I know men who can just run their fingers through their hair and they're ready to walk out the door! :D

I make sure I'm clean and presentable but other than that, I don't worry too much about grooming. It's fine for women who do but I would rather spend my time doing other things (like helping people). It's just priorities. ;)

Besides, if I walked around looking like I just stepped away from doing a cover shoot for Vogue, I could attract a lot of male attention - but the attention might be from guys who are only interested in beautiful-looking women. Unfortunately, those men will often stop paying attention to you as soon as someone more beautiful comes along - like it says in the book in my signature.

But if I'm just my natural looking self and a man is interested in me, chances are he's the kind of man who looks beyond the surface to the "beauty" within. And those men don't seem to have much of a "roving eye".

As people, I feel our time is better spent "grooming" who we are on the inside; what kind of a person we are, how we treat others. That's where I wanna be drop-dead-gorgeous! ;)
Because when we're old and gray and on our deathbed, it won't matter what we looked like. It'll be how we lived our life, whether we made a positive difference in the world, whether we were good to others that'll matter - not whether we looked "good". :)

sandy brady

I have given up on shaving. I dont shave my legs or wax them for months at a time. HOWEVER, I am not that hairy, my hair is not that dark and doesnt grow back that quickly. When I do see that its growing back, I switch back to trousers, yoga pants. Would never feel comfy in shorts with hairy legs.
If i have an event where am going to show my legs, I shave. If I feel like my legs are getting too hairy then I shave. Otheriwse, I dont, not even for bfs

Rhonda333

You made some very good points Christine and I certainly agree with your priorities. But perhaps given my background, I am more consious of feminine grooming habits and tend to practice them more completely.