• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Do you read books and if you do who is your favorite author?

LeighA

Do you still have time to read books and if you do who is your favorite author? I love to read and will read anything you put in front of me. Right now my favorite author is Dean Koontz.

Yes.Definately. Even though I am a 10th Grader and dont have time much for "reading" .As I go to tutions...Basically My school books take over me.And if I have some time,I'd go either here or watch T.V

My currently fav is " Sydney Sheldon " ...

Blue

yes, I enjoy reading. I love novels .. the best thing to do before sleeping!

my fav. author: I don't prefer one yet

Freaxx_xLx

I love books somtimes i love to read

my fave author is Enid BYTON And Carolyn Keene

Enid BYTON -its acctually kids Stories ...which i am a kid ...

which is half of them are imaginary like fairys and elfs :]

Carolyn Keene - She writes nancy drew mytersies ..:D i love myteries so yea

I would love to have the time to read again! I loved losing myself in a book. I think thanks to this thread I will make time to read.

The last book I read was Marching Powder. A true story of a man in a corrupt jail. Convicted of drug smuggling. Such a good read. Before that was an odd choice in reading. A collection of short stories about the most notorious men in history. people like Gengis Khan and Adolf Hitler.

My teo fav books though are totally different in comparision.

The Breeders box by Timothy Murphy, who is a DJ in New York and This Side Of The Sky by Alyssa Singleton

ellie

Right now one of my house projects (I am a little older than a 10th grader, sorry) is building a wall sized holder for all of my books. The room is 15x25 so its going to be a fairly large project. Right now all of my books are packed up. :(

I know exactly what you mean. I have boxes still packed to the brim with books living in the spare room. I need bigger things for the house before I even think about bookshelves! Never mind.... We'll get there. Sounds like you're well on your way Ellie

heavensgate

me, i prefer love stories novels especially vampires,,that's why i'm a fan of twilight, the author is stephenie meyer..and good thing there's a movie now.. i also considered susan elizabeth phillips writing.

Steffi

I read - a lot! Since I read extremely fast, I don't have to worry so much about finding time. I am on my 6th book since Monday right now (started it this morning). The ones I'm reading this week I got at the library on Monday afternoon and are all Nora Roberts. I read the Sisters Island trilogy first and now am on the third novel in the Keys trilogy. I went to the library looking for something else but they didn't have what I wanted so I took these.

Bella

I've read one of Sidney Sheldon's: Tell Me Your Dreams, soooo good. I was like, 11 at the time, but I still found it amazing.
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult(sp?) and Before I Die (sorry, forgot author) are two you have to read!

I'm into fantasy, my favourite so far I think is the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. :)

allygirl

I read - a lot! Since I read extremely fast, I don't have to worry so much about finding time. I am on my 6th book since Monday right now (started it this morning). The ones I'm reading this week I got at the library on Monday afternoon and are all Nora Roberts. I read the Sisters Island trilogy first and now am on the third novel in the Keys trilogy. I went to the library looking for something else but they didn't have what I wanted so I took these.
ooh! I love these Nora Roberts is an awesome writer. I haven't read a single one of her books that wasn't good. Right now I am reading Kathleen Woodiwiss ( my Mom turned me on to it) and so far it's been pretty good. I also love Dean Koontz, Stephen King, and Mary Higgins Clark.

Persephone

I'm a sci-fi fan. Love Isaac Asimov, Dan Simmons and so on, though I like reading all sorts of boos. I'm currently reading "The Kite runner".

GracieJ

I just finished the entire Twilight series in about 36 hours! I was at Target several times in one day to buy the next book because I finished the other. I didn't expect to like it, because I really don't like vampire stories at all, but something about it really intrigued me!

Blue

the last time I bought novels is from book fair .. I bought three random novels. firstly, I read "Desert Flower" for Waris Dairi & Cathleen Miller , it was about a girl struggle story .. I really enjoy reding it. the other novels was boring "lots of unimportant details and description" I couldn't complete them!! .. I hope my next book will be better.

~

SweetShadab

I love books. I just never have any time bcuz of my studyz. I love the books written by Roald Dahl. Like Matilda, andCharlie and the Chocolate Factory. U may know 'em bcoz they made movies on these books.

Jess

I love reading and I love reading a great book. I haven't had a lot of time reading books because of school, but when I do have the chance, I read every single chance I get! As for my favorite author, it would definitely have to be JK Rowling. She is such an amazing and talented author and her writing skills/style is absolutely terrific.

cambop

Same for me will read anything but like stuff with a paranormal twist or a retelling of the old fairytales in particular.

Favourite authors are Anne Rice, Jim Butcher, Tom Holland and Gregory Maguire at the mo.

Favourite books - Vampire Lestat (Anne Rice) , The Time Travellers Wife (Audrey Niffenegger) and The Iron Wolf (Richard Adams of Watership Down fame :D )

Just read the First in the Twilight series and must admit I loved it - can't wait to see the film and rest of the books. Soooooooo excited to see they have made a film of The Time Travellers Wife - Hope I'm not as dissapointed as I was with Queen of the Damned and Chocolat.

shopaholic

Yeah I went through a Sidney Sheldon phase about 6 years ago, his stuff is excellent!

Right now I'm into Dan Brown, Lee Child, Sally Beauman. Just finished reading Sophie Kinsella (Confessions of a Shopaholic). About to start the Twilight series (won't see the film until then).