• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Do you go to the library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananarama

I'm always in the library at University. I love reading factual books rather than fiction... I can get lots of things in the library including free internet access, which is excellent for doing projects.

Rosa Presul

Yes, I go to the library often. I love to just sit and read books and magazines. There isn't a great variety of fiction at our our library, but I can usually order the books I want from other libraries.
We do have a lot of nonfiction, though. I like reading the random things that I come across. Plus, I get to read so many magazines without subscribing to them!
I love the library. :)

L

.Love.The.Fall.

I love going to the library but I don't get much of a chance to go because the card I have is for the town I used to live in, which is about an hour away. Once I start school again I'll be checking out the campus library pretty often, I checked out a few books from there in the past and it may become my "new" library.

Joanna

I used to go to libraries when I was in my youth and childhood more often, it amazed me. It is for free until you leave school. I read a lot of books back then.
Nowadays, I don't go into libraries, except for the uni library when I research stuff sometimes but even then it is just so inefficient. I'd rather buy the book I want if there was one. Furthermore I developed a taste in books that is really particular, I also like to read books which are up to date. Most libraries don't have the funds to acquire new important, revised books. And I'm not really into reading novels any more, I like reading non-fiction books in the fields of my interest.

The way I look at it is that libraries will become old-fashioned. Like the walkman has been substituted by the mp3-player, i-pod etc.
It is still a nice feeling when you see all those books in one place, working places and it is just so nice and silent. :)

aio101

I have a library trip scheduled every two weeks now and I'm wondering who else makes a point to go to the library? Not only do you get to access thousands of books, there are also DVDs and much more nowadays. I am a bit like Matilda (in the movie) as I am still awestruck when going to a good library.
Guilty as charged!:blabla:

MaplePurple

There is one library only i can find in my town, but it looks like museum or horror house from the outside. I love reading, but i won't spent my times at that horrible place. I try every weekend go to bookstore and buy some books then read it at home.

xxCatLovexx

No, I don't really go to library's at all. The only library I really go to is the one we have to go to on library days at school.
But I do love to read books that capture my interests :3

L

lovely cat

i never loved going to library a lot but these days i have to go a lot because i univ nowhere is better that library to study.

Bonic

O go to the library one ore two times a week, because I need a lot of rare books and magasins for study -_-

Regeena

I used to go to libraries when I was in my youth and childhood more often, it amazed me. It is for free until you leave school. I read a lot of books back then.
Nowadays, I don't go into libraries, except for the uni library when I research stuff sometimes but even then it is just so inefficient. I'd rather buy the book I want if there was one. Furthermore I developed a taste in books that is really particular, I also like to read books which are up to date. Most libraries don't have the funds to acquire new important, revised books. And I'm not really into reading novels any more, I like reading non-fiction books in the fields of my interest.

The way I look at it is that libraries will become old-fashioned. Like the walkman has been substituted by the mp3-player, i-pod etc.
It is still a nice feeling when you see all those books in one place, working places and it is just so nice and silent. :)
Nowadays libraries are modern and have so many e-book collections. They also have a lot units of I-mac in one big room, and there is Starbucks too. When I was at college, I love the library, so I can do chit chat with friends and playing games on I-mac. :rockon: and sometimes, I fall asleep. :tea:

Vendy

Of course I go to the library, I like pleasant atmosphere in the Library.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.