• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Do you go to the library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffi

I have a library trip scheduled every two weeks now and I'm wondering who else makes a point to go to the library? Not only do you get to access thousands of books, there are also DVDs and much more nowadays. I am a bit like Matilda (in the movie) as I am still awestruck when going to a good library.

Penelope

Even though I am an avid book reader, I rarely visit the local library. You see, the library here is just like a museum and the people working there are known as "curator". The books there are so old and maybe if I like to history, I guess I would regularly visit it!

Meka

I use to read a lot and even joined my local library, but since I started working and studying I don't find much free time to read as much as I used to.

I used to go (don't know why I stopped), so will have to pop into mine and see what it's like now. The last time I went the assistants weren't very helpful sadly. Lisa x

haviva

I dont go so much any more as my library doesnt have such good books..i mainly borrow from friends or buy the books now.

I try to go every week on a Sunday afternoon, and I love to check out my school library because we have free postcards AND epic books. I just adore libraries; I can stay there all day and badger the librarians about staying another minute when they kick me out. XD There's so much to do, so much to read, so many new things to learn. And people dare say they're boring! All that knowledge crammed inside those pages. Books smell nice, besides.

cambop

I'm lucky in that my local library is directly opposite my house! :D It's only titchy but have yet to find a book that they couldn't order in for me. I love books - don't get as much time to read as I would like but if you've any recommendations for me I'll read pretty much anything (especially if it has a paranormal twist.)

Gizelle

There was a time in my life when I was an avid reader, now I read whenever I get the chance, which is not very often.

M

Mcwinky

I used to read a lot too and I used to go to the library all the time...I'd sit up and not sleep cus I was sooo into a book. Miss those days!!

P

Peachy

I love going to the library. I used to go every week but I've been lax for quite a while now. Still I get there, and the books aren't too late being returned. It's not far from my house so I really have no excuse.

shopaholic

I used to love it!!! I was a flipping bookworm (don't you dare call me a nerd :peace:) before my hormones kicked in! I still love reading but I don't go to the library much these days. I'm into e-books now since they are so convenient and mobile. But, I've been known to sneak off to the library for a literary fix!:bolt:

B

BeenThere

I read as often as I can but with three kids it's hard to squeeze in time. I go through spurts of going to the library. Some months I go several times a week and other months I won't go at all.

I'm also awestruck when I walk into a really good library. :)

I never used to go to the library. Now that I've taken on my niece on Mondays to help her with her homework we end up at the library to use books instead of using the net all the time.

S

sammy1234

I love going to my local library every week,get to read all the bestsellers for free!!!

M

MargC2k8

Only really go when I am looking out for something in particular, otherwise, I get loads of books and forget to take them back on time, so pay huge fines.

L

Little G.

I love going to the library, ,it's very quiet, and it's easier to concentrate ourselves. I go to the library about one or two times a week, to do my homeworks, and take books, magazines or DVD :)

S

suzyk

Whenever my dad drags me along. And I have to look for books in the adults' section because they're the only good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.