• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Daily routine help!

Bella.x

Hi guys 18 year old looking for help and advice on the best skin care routines in order to clear up my skin, especially around my chin and nose area. At the moment I do the bare minimum, washingy face twice a day and occasionally a couple of clay face masks. However, I am very prone to big, red, and sore spots which I would really like to get rid of!

Attachments

anniesmith

Skincare consists of the following three main steps-

Cleansing — Washing your face.
Toning — Balancing the skin.
Moisturizing — Hydrating and softening the skin.

There are wide range of cleansers and toners available. To remove the dark spots, you can massage the affected area with the coconut oil. It also makes the skin smooth.

hannahgrace

Hello,
coming from a girl who used to struggle with a lot of big, red sore spots I definitely know the feeling of not having a set skincare routine. If you have tried going to a dermatologist that helps to get rid of the acne so you can feel better, they might suggest topical creams which did not work for myself and now I am on a oral medication. it all depends on who you are but I would recommend a dermatologists perspective and moisturizer and face wash is great to start if you can find one that works for you.
hope this helps & good luck :)

Last edited:

sandy brady

Hi Bella, you look very young, is this late teenage breakouts?
I think the best way is to use a pimple patch on the pimple so it doesnt get inflected and bacteria doesnt get into it.
I think the best thing is to get a face wash thats either salicylic acid based or baking powder based. that way it dries out the skin, but make sure you follow up with a GOOD moisturiser.
If you find the breakouts are continuing even after you try to tone them down, then you may need a dermatologist.

PLEASE bare in mind that all our advice on here is based on our own experience. I am not a dermatologist or any sort of expert so please remember all skins react differently.