• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

dad does productive hobbies how do I get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my dad has really productive hobbies, he reads books on chemistry and physics, he watches documentaries I do too but I don't like to read, I mainly watch more comedy he mainly watches educational things. Why is learning so boring? I love lectures but I never remember after it what the person said. I wouldn't be able to retell it. so I think i have the potential to be like my dad to love learning more then what i currently consider fun.how do I learn to love to learn over anything else? how do I stop feeling useless and a falior from not liking to read for the time being?

Prettyline

i don't think you need to love learning that much.
sure, learning is important, but whnever there is something you really want to learn, i'm pretty sure you will. don't feel useluess because of something like that. actually, don't ever feel useless.

i love to set goals for myself. have you ever heard about vision boards? those things are great.
think about what you really wanna achieve. and set it as a goal. and whenever you can't find motivation or anything, remind yourself why you want to do it.

missy23232323

i think it is good to keep focus, increase our general knowledge and be precise in knowing what we want. Many guys think girls are wishy-washy not knowing much and like all we cared is shopping for clothes. It is time to change that perception. We have to be intelligent and knowledgeable to show that we are not lesser beings compared to men.
I do follow my dad's footsteps of keeping interest in news and current affairs by watching as much news or documentary shows on tv. I am lucky that I have the natural instinct of wanting to know more about many things in life.

so you think if we are not as intelligent as men we are lesser then them? I don't think intelligence has much to do with how lesser or grater you are, if everyone was intelligent it would not be as valued, every one brings different things to the table.

missy23232323

I beg to differ, girly. I think intelligence & knowledge is very important and I also believe intelligence does not come with birth, instead if we train ourselves with brain skills & exercises frequently, we improve our understanding in a lot of things. Same thing with knowledge, if we constantly make sure we read more and evaluate things deeper, we can somehow be more knowledgable and cant be fooled by lies and untruths.

I beg to differ, girly. I think intelligence & knowledge is very important and I also believe intelligence does not come with birth, instead if we train ourselves with brain skills & exercises frequently, we improve our understanding in a lot of things. Same thing with knowledge, if we constantly make sure we read more and evaluate things deeper, we can somehow be more knowledgable and cant be fooled by lies and untruths.
I agree that its important but I don't think having it makes you grater then someone else. people all bring different things to the table and for some people learning is harder then others and may have some other good traits besides knowledge. but yea focus is probably my main problem I'm not good at keeping focused for a long time. I have been struggling with it since middle school.

bewoow

I think just listen deep in yourself and find out what you want to do, it does not matter if it is productive or not or of worth for society, but in the end it should make you happy.

I never said it dosent matter, I only said that you cant juge the value of a person soley on intellegence. ít is not the most important thing in life.

bewoow

True words! Absolutely, tihs is not of importance, and there are various ways of how one person can be clever and witty and there is a lot of knowledge in the world one person can not know.

True words! Absolutely, tihs is not of importance, and there are various ways of how one person can be clever and witty and there is a lot of knowledge in the world one person can not know.
thanks. I try really hard to be smart and I just give up, i have tried all the methods I can, I no longer care about prizes or rewards and anything elce I use to make myself work. I no longer feel good after hard work. I dont know what to do. I am worried i will just do the minimum to survive. i try reading textbooks but when things get hard i stop.no one tells me keep going my parents just say this is a career youll never be good at so why bother. i think the only thing that can help me learn is go to a school.

Christinegirl

Different people have different likes and dislikes. That's natural. It doesn't mean you're "useless" or a failure.
Sometimes "hands on learning" is more fun, something that you can participate in. Such as a chemistry experiment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.