• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Crossing legs while wearing dresses

image.jpg This is definitely one of my pet peeves. I love wearing dresses, but I HATE having the red spot on my leg afterward. Am I the only one who cares about that? It just makes me feel so self conscious as if people are actually constantly staring at it.

It doesn't help that I have these pasty white legs. I must get it the worst way possible, the photo is my proof.

The redness lasts a long time for me, like 15-20 mins. looks like I have a rash or something. And I feel like people stare at , even if they probably don't.

Christinegirl

Staff member
We get that red mark because we "squish" the capillaries (small blood vessels) that are close to the skin's surface (when we cross our legs). The blood goes from the capillaries into the surrounding tissue (which causes the red mark).
When we uncross our legs, we see the red mark and it takes a while for the blood to disperse.

It's not recommended that we cross our legs for an extended period of time, often (due to possibly getting nerve damage and blood clots in our legs).

I would recommend wearing a darker shade of pantyhose, tights, leggings, etc. to hide those red marks if we still need to cross our legs. :)