• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Could Immodest Dressing Encourage Or Tempt A Sexual Predator To Rape a Person?

heartsrforever

No, a woman's dress should not blamed to tempt a sexual predator. Rapists are rapists because they choose to be.
Because we live in a world where immodest attire is the norm. The way a woman may dress leaves nothing to be desired. A man doesn't have much to wonder about and he can see just about any and everything on a woman now, which tempts not only sexual predators, but decent individuals may find it hard to resist women and girls who are scantily dressed.

heartsrforever

I agree that rape is an act of violence, power and control. However, I still deeply believe that the way a woman dresses can either attract a rapist or cause someone who is not a rapist to think about raping a person. The way some women dress in such a sexually provocative way can easily whip up a man's sexual desires easily if he doesn't control himself.

sandy brady

attract a rapist? really?! the way women dress is normal and perfectly accessible, it attracts normal men and inhumane rapists. it is the mans thinking that is the problem not the woman s clothes.
sexual desires? your blaming rape on control? okay... let me just go rape someone because i cant control myself... or let me go eat until i go into a comma because i cant control it. Rapists are not human, they dont deserve to live and no excuse they can make is good enough. If they ever bring back the death penalty, i will volunteer any rapist to it.

I agree that rape is an act of violence, power and control. However, I still deeply believe that the way a woman dresses can either attract a rapist or cause someone who is not a rapist to think about raping a person. The way some women dress in such a sexually provocative way can easily whip up a man's sexual desires easily if he doesn't control himself.
The fact that the person is a woman is what attracts a rapist.

If someone is not a rapist, he won't think about raping a person. He may be sexually attracted to her and want to have sex with her, but he don't assault her.

A man, even a rapist, can control his sexual desires if there's a police officer in the area, for example. So guys can control themselves when they want to.

Clevernose22

Speaking from a girl who is a Christian, I don't think this is at all true. I've known many girls who have been raped or molested, and wear only long shirts/skirts. You could say that it is harder for men not to lust at a woman and that it is better for the woman to cover up a bit, but rape is solely on the man. Wearing booty shorts and a bikini top is not an invitation to sex unless the woman wants it to be.

Rhonda333

Staff member
When I' m on a construction job I wear very conservative business attire- a suit, skirt and heels. I usually get a number of catcalls- both complimentary and vulgar from the trades working the job site. I can well understand how this can develop to a full blown attack and I have been frightened before.