• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Copper IUD

Pjane1713

Hello everyone I’m new on here. I had the 10 year copper coil fitted January 2020 as I’m in a long term relationship and had been forgetting to take the pill. There is no side effects and I’m glad I got it but My periods are very very heavy and painful. I was just wondering whether anyone else has experienced this and does your periods return back to normal flow or stay really heavy.
thanks

shanzi

Hi, I have something very similar to a copper iud except it completely stopped my periods (I wanted that) and it prevents me from getting pregnant. U say that ur periods are really heavy and painful since u have had ur copper iud, so was it like this before? If not I recommend seeing ur doctor and see if there is anything they can do to help u with this.

Gd luck

Pjane1713

Hi, no before I had the copper IUD fitted they were light but apparently heavy periods is a side effect. I know this can be normal for women but it can be very painful for me and not something I’ve suffered with in the past.

shanzi

Hi, no before I had the copper IUD fitted they were light but apparently heavy periods is a side effect. I know this can be normal for women but it can be very painful for me and not something I’ve suffered with in the past.
Hmmm, ok well how long have u had ur copper iud, if a long time and the pain have been a side effect the whole time perhaps ur doctor could find a type of medication to help with the pain. Gd luck hun, I hope the pain goes soon for u!