• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Coconut Oil For Scars

rabbithabit

Lisa - the natural oils and vitamin E in coconut can be used over very long periods to help remove the appearance of scars.

there are many manufactured scar treatments that are more effective and more timely such as bio-oil purcellin gel

Luv Sha

Lisa - the natural oils and vitamin E in coconut can be used over very long periods to help remove the appearance of scars.

there are many manufactured scar treatments that are more effective and more timely such as bio-oil purcellin gel

Luv Sha

Do the same process works for wrinkles also ?

serty

Coconut oil is best for scar and skin . this oil best to skin problem and hair is organic product .

Last edited by a moderator:

Ammara Ali

Coconut oil can help by acting as a thick, moisturizing barrier as the skin heals. Not only could increasing collagen in the skin help with fine lines, it could also help minimize scarring by binding new skin tissue together.

SophieM777

Coconut oil is helpful in fading the normal scars due to acne, small wounds. Little discoloration can be removed with the help of coconut oil. As coconut oil is enriched with Vitamin-E which helps enhance the melanin production & make your skin tone even. But researcher are still finding that whether it can be of any help to pregnancy stretch marks & other deep scars.

MeganOFCats

I've heard a mixture of honey and lemon can also help it's probably a lil cheaper too. But coconut oil definitely works!

JaydeD

Coconut oil works as a great moisturizer, I was using it mostly as a mask for my hair and scalp.
It also works with small acne scars, but anything more serious it won't work.

ChristinaV

Hi! I have also some acne scars mostly on my cheeks. Have tried laser twice the first time my skin really peeled off and I noticed some results but the second time it didin't work and it is a quite expensive therapy. I know coconut oil is a great natural moisturiser but I am sure it will take a long time to fill face scars.