• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

"Classy dinner party" ensemble

ccoulter

Hi,
My friends and I throw "classy dinner parties", where we essentially just hang out in eveningwear. We try to look cute but quirky, if you will. I am torn over accesories. I can't decide on burgundy converse and my boyfriend's fedora or a blue sash and black flats. Help me out?

(the dress is a plain black cocktail dress)

Hi,
My friends and I throw "classy dinner parties", where we essentially just hang out in eveningwear. We try to look cute but quirky, if you will. I am torn over accesories. I can't decide on burgundy converse and my boyfriend's fedora or a blue sash and black flats. Help me out?

(the dress is a plain black cocktail dress)
wow you do that?

Christinegirl

Staff member
The nice thing about style and fashion is that it's ever changing. What we "wouldn't be caught dead in" this year might be "all the rage" next year.

But I don't think we should be a slave to fashion. I feel, if we like something (and it's not offensive to anyone), then it should be acceptable.
We don't have to agree on what looks good, but I think we should be more focused on how a person "looks" on the inside;
whether a person is kind towards others,
considerate,
tries to be a good person, etc. These qualities should never be out of fashion. ;)