• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Chatting after 1 date, but he's not for me

Mappsy27

Girls, halp.

Met this guy online, exchanged a few texts, met for coffee, currently exchanging yet more texts, but the more I chat to him, the more he seems really immature and just not what I'm looking for. He's a nice enough guy, but I'm not interested in a manchild. I feel bad, like I've led him on, but also that the longer I leave it the worse it'll get. How do I break it to him gently?

Thanks

Rhonda333

Staff member
Well first off its very difficult to get to know someone by texting. There is no substitute for face to face exchange of conversation.
You need to see into his eyes, watch his smile and body language, perhaps even catch a whisp of his cologne. I see that you did meet for coffee- just once? Not nearly enough to decide on the viability of a relationship. But if you are intending to end the relationship, it can be as simple as saying John, you're a nice enough fellow but I want to experience more men in my life before I settle into a relationship. And for God's sake, do it in person, not text.

shyramarie

be good lady
Map, i am same as you don't like younger guys to play with because act like kids. if i want dump someone i just told them my boyfriend is gangsta and i afraid he might hurt them if we chat to scare away

Rhonda333

Staff member
What Shy said in another thread seems like a really good way to break off with a guy- introduce him to your good-looking girlfriend.

shyramarie

be good lady
Rhonda, thanks for suggesting that way to map, for guys i am already dating.

the suggestion i given map was for guys i have only chat with like map explaining about this guy. my suggest here is only for online pesty chat boy

rabbithabit

honesty is best policy in most situations. just apologize that you did not mean to lead him on and have a tendency toward more mature men and will not respond to future text messages from him.

perhaps you can say little white lie that you just committed to a mono relationship with someone else to ease the pain

Zjed

Very nightly
In situations like this it's almost always my first impulse to say "Friendship! You could be friends if he's nice!"
I think you should just be honest with him and tell him that you aren't romantically interested.