• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Chapped Lips

Anzu21

My lips are always chapped every morning. I put chapstick on them and I even use A&D on them, but it makes no difference! My lips are so craggy! Any tips on reducing chapped lips? Because this problem is annoying!

Ana499

Try vaseline, yk like petroleum jelly. The big chapstick brands are likely to put ingredients in the product to make you have to reapply their chapstick over and over again.

Laieron

The thin skin of the lips often suffers from dryness, cracking and peeling. This is due to the fact that it practically does not contain lipids - components of the natural moisturizing factor. Without additional protection and moisture, it is defenseless against the sun, cold and wind.Reasons can be different, think about what can be yours?
Temperature fluctuations. The most common cause of microcracks on the lips. The thin skin of the lips does not withstand frequent and sudden changes in temperature, and in winter it happens all the time. It is especially harmful to drink hot drinks on the street or immediately after a walk.
Batteries, dry hot air literally dry out the skin and lead it to a state of dehydration. The best solution would be to put a small humidifier in the bedroom and at work.
Bad habits. It is better to try to wean yourself from biting and licking your lips, especially when the skin is chapped and flaky. This will not only not relieve the feeling of discomfort, but will also provoke cracks.
Hypovitaminosis and iron deficiency. If sores and irritation appear in the corners of the lips, it is necessary to check the blood for iron deficiency and add vitamin E to daily lip care.
Cracks on the lips can be the result of a lack of vitamins and minerals, as well as an unbalanced diet. Include red fish, avocados, nuts and citrus fruits in your daily menu.
Matt lipstick. The composition of such a lipstick must necessarily contain hyaluronic acid and natural oils. Otherwise, you risk getting dry, chapped lips after the first application. We also recommend giving up glosses that visually increase volume: they contain menthol, which causes irritation and peeling.
Lip balms containing fragrances and dyes. Sensitive lip skin does not always take well to additional artificial components in cosmetics. Choose a balm that does not contain dyes, fragrances and preservatives SLS, SLES.
Insufficient care. The skin of the lips must be taken care of in the same way as the skin of the face and body: moisturize, cleanse and nourish daily. Using hygienic lipstick 1-2 times a week will not save lips from overdrying and dehydration.

I can recommend you ultra-moisturizing cera lip balm - the key components of the balm are ceramides. They are responsible for the smoothness and hydration of the skin, restore it after damage and give a constant feeling of comfort. When applying cera-balm to damaged lips, the intercellular process of regeneration of the upper layer of the epidermis is launched - the skin is renewed, leveled and acquires a healthy appearance.