• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Boyfriend’s twin..

Majesty29

So here’s what’s bothering me at present.. me and my boyfriend have been together for nearly 8 months now and it’s really going really well. I love him and i know he loves me too. My boyfriend has a twin. And I’m not sure, if I’m just overthinking or misinterpreting things but.. i think his twin sort of fancies me. I’ve met his twin for the first time early in our relationship, but never felt weird until our second meet up when we we hang out the three of us. He would ask my boyfriend things like, what do i think of him? Do i like him as well? We get on really well, the twin, but when it’s just the two of us, we fell silently awkward.

So here’s another part of the story.. 1-2 years before i met my boyfriend, i matched his twin on tinder, but never really get to meet him. Idk why because that was a long time ago. Fast forward two years after, I didn’t know he was the twin until I met my boyfriend now. We both mentioned each other to my boyfriend so all of us are aware of the situation. But, we never really talked about it the three of us. I guess it will be awkward for both of them? Although sometimes i think, it will ease the tension if me and my boyfriend’s twin will talk about it.

I forgotten about the twin issue until now, when i have to come over to visit him for 5 days (they both live with their parents at the moment at west sussex.) We spent a lot of time together, we would go out for a walk, go to the beach, sit and sleep under the sun (the three of us.) Idk, he’s not showing obvious signs that he likes me, given the fact that they’re both really close. But i can catch him looking at me, or when I’m being sweet with my boyfriend; he can’t maintain eye contact and breaks the stare when i smile at him; he’s more accomodating like giving me drinks/food than my boyfriend. Maybe I’m just confused? Haha

Christinegirl

Staff member
I hope the twins aren't identical. :)

It's very common for two brothers to like the same woman. But if your boyfriend's brother fancies you, hopefully he will respect his brother and not act on it.

He may be shy around girls (which would explain the awkward silence when it's just the two of you or when he can’t maintain eye contact and breaks the stare when you smile at him).

It's good that you are honest with your boyfriend (and he's aware of the situation), so it shouldn't be awkward for both of them if you bring up the subject.
I would suggest talking about it with your boyfriend's twin, also, especially as you're spending more time with him.

Often, men who aren't our boyfriends will be more accommodating than our boyfriends - who can be attentive in the beginning of a relationship but after a while, tend to take us for granted sometimes/not be as accommodating.

Majesty29

I hope the twins aren't identical. :)

It's very common for two brothers to like the same woman. But if your boyfriend's brother fancies you, hopefully he will respect his brother and not act on it.

He may be shy around girls (which would explain the awkward silence when it's just the two of you or when he can’t maintain eye contact and breaks the stare when you smile at him).

It's good that you are honest with your boyfriend (and he's aware of the situation), so it shouldn't be awkward for both of them if you bring up the subject.
I would suggest talking about it with your boyfriend's twin, also, especially as you're spending more time with him.

Often, men who aren't our boyfriends will be more accommodating than our boyfriends - who can be attentive in the beginning of a relationship but after a while, tend to take us for granted sometimes/not be as accommodating.

yes, they’re identical mirror twins. Thanks for that @Christinegirl ❤ I think so too, talking to my boyfriend’s twin will ease up the tension.

Christinegirl

Staff member
I hope you can tell them apart, hon. There have been movies made about this kind of situation! :eek:
:D
Hopefully everything will be resolved. All we can do is try. :)