• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Botox - what is it?

Miss Cleo

I have been hearing a lot about the procedure botox. I am pretty sure it is not available in Jamaica, although the way things are, I could be wrong. What exactly is this procedure about? And how safe is it?

anae03

botox is the name of the product and it is applied with small injections to the skin to help erase wrinkle, as far as I know it makes the muscles underneath the skin to relax enough to make the wrinkles disappear, but they would get back when the effect pass in some months. I am almost sure that you have it in Jamaica because it is a very common procedure, just ask to some (qualified) plastic surgeon about it ;)

Christinegirl

Staff member
As botox is made from a neurotoxin called botulinum toxin - in other words a toxin/poison (from the botulism family) that affects our nerves - I'm not comfortable having that bacteria injected under my skin.

Some of the common side effects of botox are:
allergic reactions,
rash,
itching,
headache,
neck or back pain,
difficulty swallowing,
shortness of breath,
nausea,
flu symptoms,
dizziness,
drowsiness,