1. Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Birth Control Side Effects

Discussion in 'Health Q & A' started by Yoci, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Yoci

Yoci New Member

Hello I had a question about birth control. Recently I got my first Depo shot and I have been suffering from terrible mood swings, I feel so depressed out of no where, i get annoyed and anxious! I have never in my life felt this way and it scares me. Its like my body is trying to fight it off. I talked to my doctor and she recommended I try a different birth control. Has anyone else felt this way while on the shot or birth control? I know forsure I wont be going back to get my second shot because I feel so miserable :(

2. rabbithabit

rabbithabit Active Member

Yoci, i have only used yazmin birth control pills since thirteen and have never been uncomfortable with them. there are 21 active and 7 placebos pills per package and are easy to buy across the counter in many stores in taiwan.

luv ya, sha

3. Mally126

Mally126 New Member

Yoci, I was on the shot for two years, and only once I came off it and it started to wear off did I realise how awful it had made me feel. I had felt like I didn't want to get out of bed, and I felt really sad most days. Looking back, I wish I had realised sooner and swapped to something else. I am currently on the evra patch and I feel much better, it has similar side effects to the pill (as I'm told). You use it like the pill as well, it's 3 weeks of patches (each patch lasting a week), and one week free.
    If the shot is making you feel that bad, I would say not to get another, and try something else.
    Hope that helps