• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Betrayal...maybe?

Slothlover2000

Soo.. I've liked this guy for 9 months. Well at camp this summer, one of my "friends" asked me this... "Hey insert my name, it's okay if other friend sets me and my crush up right?" Now, we were in front of 10 other people. I'm not just gonna say no bc that would be rude. Even though it really hurt my feelings but I just told myself that if she makes him happy then i want whats best for him. So over the next two months, my friend starts trying to get this guy to like her even though she doesn't like him. She just wants a relationship. So she finally gets him to ask her out. This came as a surprise bc me and some of my other friends thought he was starting to like me. Well they've been dating the past few weeks. They aren't official bf and gf. But since then, I've found out some stuff about her. She really isn't a good person at all. And he's the sweetest, purest boy i know. He deserves someone who for one, actually has feelings for him and isn't just dating him for the benefits. And someone who isn't deceitful and acts like she's one person when she's really not. I understand if that "better person" isn't me but it really hurts to see them together when I know what i know.
There's also the fact that he talks to me wayyyy more than he talks to her and even still seems like he might like me.
I don't know what to do... I don't want him to get hurt bc he's gonna have to find out eventually what kind of person she is. I also feel betrayed by her bc she got all her friends to set them up just so she could be in a relationship EVEN though she knew i liked him the whole time. And then he acts like he likes me???
Help guys... what do i do??

Christinegirl

Staff member
Maybe your "friend" is either a sociopath (if she became manipulative as a child and doesn't care whom she hurts now) or a psychopath (if she was born this way).

There are some people in this world who are miserable, themselves, and can't stand to see anyone else happy.
They're jealous of others and if someone has something, they want it too. (They often really don't want it, but it bugs them to know someone else has it - whatever it is.)
Sooner or later, everyone else finds out what sort of a person they are and they end up not having any friends - which makes them even more miserable. And the cycle continues. They're their own worst enemies because they just end up making themselves more and more unhappy.
If your "friend" is this kind of person, your crush will find out sooner or later and won't be happy with her.

It sounds like your crush is more comfortable with you, even now.

If some of your other friends know what kind of a person she is, maybe they could talk to your crush and tell him. He doesn't have to blindly believe what they say about her but if your "friend" slips up and shows her true colors, he'll understand what your other friends were trying to tell him.
Then, hopefully, he'll break off his relationship with her and want to have a relationship with you - because at least you want the best for him. That's how a true friend/girlfriend feels. :)

Slothlover2000

Maybe your "friend" is either a sociopath (if she became manipulative as a child and doesn't care whom she hurts now) or a psychopath (if she was born this way).

There are some people in this world who are miserable, themselves, and can't stand to see anyone else happy.
They're jealous of others and if someone has something, they want it too. (They often really don't want it, but it bugs them to know someone else has it - whatever it is.)
Sooner or later, everyone else finds out what sort of a person they are and they end up not having any friends - which makes them even more miserable. And the cycle continues. They're their own worst enemies because they just end up making themselves more and more unhappy.
If your "friend" is this kind of person, your crush will find out sooner or later and won't be happy with her.

It sounds like your crush is more comfortable with you, even now.

If some of your other friends know what kind of a person she is, maybe they could talk to your crush and tell him. He doesn't have to blindly believe what they say about her but if your "friend" slips up and shows her true colors, he'll understand what your other friends were trying to tell him.
Then, hopefully, he'll break off his relationship with her and want to have a relationship with you - because at least you want the best for him. That's how a true friend/girlfriend feels. :)
Thanks so much for the feedback!