• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Best way to lose weight quickly.

sandy brady

So am a tiny petite gurl (5ft 1) . So as soon as I gain a little weight it shows. my arms and belly get flabby and my cheeks actually start looking like sandy (spongebob reference).

This was my final year in uni so I pretty much lived on burgers, ramen and take away, didnt move and sat on my flat booty for a year.

Am not saying am fat or overweight, am just not the weight I want to be. Also not saying being overweight or fat is bad, i just feel less like an umpalumpa lol.
Any advice on how to lose the extra 5kg i gained?
thanks in advance :)

Christinegirl

Staff member
Walking and/or swimming is good. It's gentle on your joints and you can lose the weight slowly (thus having a better chance of keeping the weight off. If we lose weight quickly, we often gain it back again - and then some). :)

ChristinaV

So am a tiny petite gurl (5ft 1) . So as soon as I gain a little weight it shows. my arms and belly get flabby and my cheeks actually start looking like sandy (spongebob reference).

This was my final year in uni so I pretty much lived on burgers, ramen and take away, didnt move and sat on my flat booty for a year.

Am not saying am fat or overweight, am just not the weight I want to be. Also not saying being overweight or fat is bad, i just feel less like an umpalumpa lol.
Any advice on how to lose the extra 5kg i gained?
thanks in advance :)
Hi :) I totally understand you, it's not a matter of numbers or how we should look, it's about feeling good in our body. What really helps me is eating a light dinner. I feel that limiting the calorie input after 6-7 in the evening helps a lot! I do feel hungry sometimes when I go to bed but I do not starve myself the rest of the day. I eat a full breakfast, a balanced lunch with the right proportion of protein, carbs and fibers and for dinner I try to avoid carbs and have a greek yogurt with nuts or cottage cheese with roasted turkey and vegetables or tuna salad. It really helps a lot.
I would also recommend some cardio, walking, running or biking 4 times a week for 45 mins.

Good luck!! :)

sandy brady

thanks for your suggestions. I do try not to eat after 6 too, i read about intermittent fasting and found that people who dont eat between 6pm and 6am the next day lose weight quicker and without feeling the hunger lol so I have been trying that. I think because am a student the amount of time i sit down is soooo bad that its making me gain weight regardless but will deffo try your recommended exercises. thanks x

farheenrk12

walking a lot and i walk a lot and i have this app on my phone called "stepz" which measures the amount of steps that i take and it is then converted to the amount of calories that ive lost. i would suggest you to drink a lot of water and also drinking green tea can be beneficial. Try intermittent fasting and stick to a regular meal plan and try doing some light exercises

Lucy62

First of all you should always remember that there is no shortcut to lose weight and secondly diet and exercise both pay an important in achieving your desired fitness goals. When you do the Combination of these both right only then you can get the 100% result out of it. So yes, you have to keep the Control on your eating habits. You must include at least 20 to 30 minutes of workout in your everyday routine. You can do activities like aerobics, Walking and Skipping Etc.

Last edited by a moderator: