• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Belly Piercing

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicorn96

I hope I started the thread in the right section lol Anyways I was wondering, does anyone here have their belly buttons pierced? I'm thinking of getting my belly pierced but I really don't have the guts to go ahead with it. A couple of my friends got their bellies pierced and they said it hurt like hell. Is it really painful? Do you recommend it?

WildThing

I have it done, amongst other things. It didn't hurt at all, all I felt was the clamp on my skin. It got sore for a while afterwards but again it wasn't hurting, just sore.

Meka

I am one big scaredy cat and I don't think I would ever do that, I don't even have my ears pierced, I am that afraid, hats off to you gals.

beanie

The belly does not hurt nearly as much as the inner ear (the little par that is before the inside of your ear). That does hurt like hell. :D

I did my belly myself years before it was "cool to do" and I ended up getting tired of it only as I found my stomach to be super sensitive not to the piercing but to even a light shirt rubbing against it, so out it went about a year later.

unicorn96

You did it by yourself?! Damn you're so brave lol I think I should man up and just get it done..Another friend got her belly pierced recently and this time she said she didn't feel anything

C

Cassie

I had mine done when I was 15. My brother is a qualified tattooist and piercer.

I thought it was cool for a while, but it's certainly going out of fashion nowadays. I took mine out a while ago, but the hole makes my belly button look odd. If you have a look at many models and celebs nowadays, you'll see that most have removed their piercings.

If you do decide to get it done then PLEASE go to a reputable, professional piercer and follow the after-care instructions to the letter as these piercings are very prone to infection. When I was last in Dublin, I saw a guy on a market stall doing this with an ear piercing gun - avoid that kind of thing at all costs!

You need to bathe the area at least twice a day in a saline solution and the piercing can take up to six months (yup MONTHS) to heal completely.

Also bear in mind that if you decide that you don't like it after all, you'll have a scar that won't go away. Also, if you ever get pregnant, you'll need to remove it anyway. x

Lindsey

I would also like to get my bellybutton pierced sometime, maybe after working out though..

I don't think it would hurt that bad. I got my septum pierced and hardly felt it..

krymebaby

I got mine pierced a couple of years back, didnt hurt much and hardly felt it. It does hurt a little when your blouse get caught on your navel stud. I have a friend who got her belly button ripped off when the thread on her pillow case got caught on her navel stud and she tried to pull it off.

A

AJMclean

I had mine done when I was 17, and I want to piece 2 more

A

AJMclean

I got mine pierced 5 years back, and after 3 years I removed it

C

Caver

People have different opinions - it depends on what sort of person you are.
I personally won't go as far as an ear peircing.
Plus if your chubby, it isn't a good idea.
I'm guessing its painful.

WELL IT HURTS BUT IT HURTS SOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET,i am sure that if you got one you are going to love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i just know so my advice is that you should get one

L

loveepinkx4

i got my belly pierced a few years ago. & yes, it did hurt. but it only takes a few seconds. you'll be fine. :)

P

Petitka

I really like belly piercing :-D. I wish I could have it in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.