• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Arts & Crafts

Becky

<b>Community Manager</b>
Are you into crafts of any kinds? Knitting, Jewellery Making, Art, Sewing etc? Personally I've just taken up knitting again, I know it's often seen as an 'OLD' persons thing to do but personally I think it's really relaxing and I'm aiming to knit a big blanket made from all different squares of multi coloured wool. It will probably take me about a year (or 10) lol but hey!

What do you girls do arts and crafts wise?

cambop

Ooh, ooh, me, me! *jumps up and down with hands in the air*

Knitting is huge at the moment Becky, all the celebs are doing it dahlink! ;)

My mum was a fantastic knitter, I mean amazing. I treasure the last jumper she made me. A huge oversized chocolate brown jumper with Sylvester the Cat on the front! LOL! She told me I had no taste when I asked her to make it! It's getting a bit worn now but it always comforts me when I'm missing her. I really want to learn to knit... and crochet (I adore crocheted things) but I worry I don't have the patience. :)

I'm a scrapbooker and have also made a couple of cards in recent weeks but not very good at them. Definitely more a scrapper and am discovering altered art, I have a couple of projects in mind for that ;) One a pair of trainers and the other an old silver make-up box that is going to be alcohol inked to within an inch of it's life :lol:

Have always being a sketcher and painter and am loving incorporating that into crafting. My aim for this year is to take a night class either in photography or sewing (on a machine) or both if I can afford it :p

Becky

<b>Community Manager</b>
My sister does card making and scrapbooking, she did a lovely wedding scrapbook recently of all her fave wedding piccies.

My knitting is coming on relatively OK, lol. I'm doing a blanket but at the rate im going I'm never gonna finish it lol. I would like to learn to crochet aswell though, is it easy??

I like the photography course idea, thats something I'd love to do! x

cambop

I'm unsure - I remember Mum trying to teach me when I was little but I've never been high in the patience stakes - I wish I had listened now. I was recommended a book by one of the ladies on the craft forum I go on. [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crochet-Unravelled-Clear-Concise-Learning/dp/0954829603/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2656AH8D6ERCF&colid=2DWWX7GIEZMQJ]Crochet Unravelled: A Clear and Concise Guide to Learning Crochet: Amazon.co.uk: Claire Bojczuk: Books[/ame] It's supposed to be like crochet for dummies! :biggrin1: It's in my wishlist and I keep meaning to get it to have a try, so maybe have a look at that one.

Yeah I love taking photos but know I could be better - thinking I will def be looking out for a course in that.

Crocheting is really easy! My gran taught me how to knit, but I just couldn't get into it (dropped stitches everywhere!). But I love crocheting while watching tv ~ really relaxing. :)

Canadianbella

I'm really into Scrapbooking.
When I first went to Micheals (craft store) my mom had told me to 'go wild' ...
Well lets just say her credit company called and asked if she had possesion of her credit card because someone went on a 'shopping spree'

krymebaby

Im into knitting too. I've knitted 5 tops and a sweater, all given away as gifts. Im knitting a cover for my hubby's pedal board, quite a big piece tho..

mariyaelivs

Like all these activities is so funny for me. I have no interest in stiching, nitting all that, but i have made a muffler that was so amazing experience for me. muffler was not bad that i had made.

beebz

I'm really into Scrapbooking.
When I first went to Micheals (craft store) my mom had told me to 'go wild' ...
Well lets just say her credit company called and asked if she had possesion of her credit card because someone went on a 'shopping spree'
i also love scrapbooking, my boyfriend bought me a cricut cutting machine last year because i kept going on about it. and i could spend HOURS in michaels lol. glad to know i'm not the only one.

i would love to pick up sewing but i just feel like i don't have spare time at the moment to take it on

A

Autaven

Hi guys :) newbie here.

I love crafting! I take part in my own project life which can take up a lot of time! I also knit and I've started doing a lot of felting recently :)

PrettyCassie

Handmade Jewelry

Why won't you try this super cute scented jewelry and food jewelry that make you and your loved ones smile! Kawaii, sweet and absolutely delicious. We'll be your next conversation starters.
cupcake-bracelet.jpg

F

feeltheowl

My favourite thing is sewing! I just made my own Halloween costume from scratch, and I was so proud of it. I also make sock monkeys, which are super adorable and fun to make. I even make baby sock monkeys!

kimaelii

Pawnshops will work if the best machine is over 100 years old and still works. It is going to take a lot of patience when selling your sewing machine. You can try the classified sections and online dealers but those options may be more hassle than they are worth.

Sewing machine recycling is an easy and convenient way to do your part to help the environment. ... You can trust that All Green Electronics Recycling will reuse, repair and recycle your machine, and sometimes even pay you for the materials.

Last edited: