• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Are women still discouraged from playing video games?

HaileyCheerleader

Or do we still think video games are male power fantasies? Hopefully the success of Horizon Zero Dawn will send a strong message to the gaming industry and community!

Last edited by a moderator:

rabbithabit

i don't think we are discouraged. many guys ask me to play v games with them. i find them so childish i can never focus. i usually say no to asks

HaileyCheerleader

i don't think we are discouraged. many guys ask me to play v games with them. i find them so childish i can never focus. i usually say no to asks
What is so childish about them? Horizon Zero Dawn has a non sexualized female protagonist with an intelligent sci fi narrative.

Perhaps the term game puts people off. Perhaps interactive movie is a better term.

rabbithabit

don't matter what you label them, to me play games is for children not adults. adults focus on fashion, style, work, romance and recreation