• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Are Teens Being Subjected To Sexualization Too Early And Is There A Problem?

Are Teens Being Subjected To Sexualization Too Early And Is There A Problem?

• Yes, children are being exposed to inappropriate content too early and there is a growing problem

• No, I do not believe there is a problem

Results are only viewable after voting.

Little_Lilith

Everybody knows about the Amanda Todd case. Predators target kids who post revealing pictures, divulge past sexual abuse, and/or engage in sexual talk online. There's some conflicting research about what ages are most at-risk, but 12 to 15 seems to be prime time, and girls are more frequent victims.

Do you think young teens and tweens are being groomed too early for sexualization through sexual objectification from the media and online?

Do you think there is an online predator presence on sites many young people hang out at?

Do you have any such stories of your own frightening online encounters that you are willing to talk about?

Rhonda333

It all boils down to the parents. How active are they in supervising their teen? Parents need to control the media, emails even phone calls. Thats what they are there for. No stories of my own that would be helpful.

Little_Lilith

It all boils down to the parents. How active are they in supervising their teen? Parents need to control the media, emails even phone calls. Thats what they are there for. No stories of my own that would be helpful.
Do you believe the website that panders to kids should hold some responsibility for safety and protection to members against inappropriate actions that are displayed by other members of that site?