• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Are multi-vitamins enough?

TammyValentine

I'm taking multi-vitamins daily for my personal health. I was thinking Is it enough or do I have to turn it up a little? I saw some vitamin C capsules on sale the other day, but I'm not sure if I should get some. Does taking multi-vitamin and vitamin C together have an unpleasant effect on your body? Thank you in advance!

Christinegirl

There should be enough of a daily requirement of vitamin C in the multi-vitamin. (It usually says what percentage of the daily requirement is in each vitamin and mineral on the label.)
I'll take extra vitamin C if I have a cold or I have a wound that's trying to heal. Any excess vitamin C
won't be stored in my body (so I don't have to worry about "overdosing" on the vitamin. It and vitamin B are water-soluble vitamins that aren't stored in the body).

It's better for us to try to get our nutrients from food, if we can. But with processed food, fruit/vegetables out of season, food in cold storage for too long, etc., it's not always possible for us to get all the nutrients we need.

Anthrodani

Yea if your multi-vitamins have Vitamin C already in them I don't think it is necessary to take anymore. I take Vitamin C daily, and I've been told that is is very good to main every day health. Considering the current COVID19 pandemic, vitamin C is especially important as it can be very helpful in boost your immune system.

TammyValentine

I bought mine with vitamin C because the staff told me the vitamin C in the multi-vitamins is only a little. To have a better immune system, it was better to have it, and It was on sale, so I thought to myself, why not?

Anthrodani

Yeaah if the staff informed you that they are good to take together then I would definitely listen to them! Ahaha you just reminded me to take my vitamin C this morning LOL ;)

TammyValentine

Yeaah if the staff informed you that they are good to take together then I would definitely listen to them! Ahaha you just reminded me to take my vitamin C this morning LOL ;)
I initially thought it was a marketing gimmick. Well, there's no harm following what they say. You're welcome.