• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Are Korean skincare products better?

Christinegirl

Staff member
I think it depends on the actual product (rather than what country it comes from).
If you have a friend who you can trust their opinion (and they've tried a specific product), I'd use that as an influence in my decision.
We can't always trust people's "testimonies" on the internet: there are too many people (who actually work for a specific company/sell a specific product) who go on the internet and pretend to be just a consumer/customer and say: "Oh yes, I've tried product x and it's the best thing ever!!" and it really isn't. ;)

Anthrodani

Yes I've heard the same from so many people! Korean skincare brands tend to make products that produce better results for skin rather than making products that are luxurious and fun to use. I have many friends who have seen results from consistent use of a particular Korean skin care brand. Although they sometimes can be costly.

TammyValentine

Yes I've heard the same from so many people! Korean skincare brands tend to make products that produce better results for skin rather than making products that are luxurious and fun to use. I have many friends who have seen results from consistent use of a particular Korean skin care brand. Although they sometimes can be costly.
Yes. I tried it for a week, and I can already see visible results.

davie2010

I had a friend who was Korean and she said that women in Korea use a lot of expensive products to whiten their skin - has anybody ever heard of this? I thought it was interesting because so many here use products to darken their skin.

Christinegirl

Staff member
I heard that, too. I think that's why a lot of K-Pop idols wear stage-makeup - to give the appearance of "perfect" looking skin. I wish cultures would focus more on the character of a person rather than the color of their skin. :(

sheena clifford

I love only Indian beauty & skincare products as I have experienced the power of Ayurveda very closely. From the day I started following a skincare routine, I have used only natural, plant-based, or ayurvedic beauty products. There are many reasons behind it, Ayurveda is well proven just forgotten art of healing. If you choose the product after making a little bit of research, the impacts will be impeccable and beyond your expectations. I never tried any Korean product so will not prefer to comment anything about that.

Christinegirl

Staff member
Doing research is a good idea as the Food and Drug Administration has warned that 1 in 5 Ayurvedic products contain toxic metals such as lead, mercury, and arsenic. These heavy metals can cause life-threatening illness, especially in children.

sheena clifford

@Christinegirl I agree with you that some of the ayurvedic products contain a high amount of Lead & Mercury. However, it also depends upon the origin (Geographical Location & Soil) of the ayurvedic herbs. In some of the cases, there is the worst impact due to high mercury and arsenic in the past that people have suffered and indeed performing research is a must. It is not recommended to apply anything on your skin, hair, or body without getting 100% assured about the ingredients inside the products.

shanzi

Idc where my product comes from as long as it is good quality and works well. Tho I have heard about the Korean products working better but there is no proof of this so I'll just believe its a myth for now

TammyValentine

@Christinegirl I agree with you that some of the ayurvedic products contain a high amount of Lead & Mercury. However, it also depends upon the origin (Geographical Location & Soil) of the ayurvedic herbs. In some of the cases, there is the worst impact due to high mercury and arsenic in the past that people have suffered and indeed performing research is a must. It is not recommended to apply anything on your skin, hair, or body without getting 100% assured about the ingredients inside the products.
Yes!