• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Apparel Sharing

charlene

Has any mother / daughter experienced anything like the following. My daughter and I will be attending a wedding soon. She is thinking of wearing a strapless dress but she knows she will have to buy a new strapless bra in order to wear with the dress. No, she will not go braless! Wanting to save her some bucks, I offered her to select one of my strapless bras to wear. She said sure, why not. We are the same size. I am considering this a unique mother/daughter bonding experience. I am thrilled that she will be wearing my bra and she has said she too is thrilled to be wearing my bra.

Has any mom or daughter shared articles ofapparel such as this? Whether its inner wear, outer wear, or any other type of apparel which has given you a feeling of intimacy with either your mom or your daughter?

Rhonda333

Well as you already know Charlene, my mother shared her bras with me early on and it was an incredible bonding experience for both of us. I still have some of hers although sometimes now I'm bumping up to the D category. I could wear most of her dress's and skirts, but not her shoes

I still don't have a daughter yet. Based on my experience with my mother, we have shared and are sharing apparels to each other including bras. We also share shoes with each other.

rachelbird

Same here too! I actually do not mind sharing my clothes with my family members and with my sisters too! I guess that makes families closer to each other too haha

Rhonda333

I guess we are both fortunate to be the right size. Mother was a 12-14 and I could wear that just fine. Then a few years ago I had a butt lift and now I'm a 16. The NY Times says that 16 is the most popular size among American women.

I guess we are both fortunate to be the right size. Mother was a 12-14 and I could wear that just fine. Then a few years ago I had a butt lift and now I'm a 16. The NY Times says that 16 is the most popular size among American women.
That's amazing, Rhonda! You're a cool mom!

TabithaSpence

Has any mother / daughter experienced anything like the following. My daughter and I will be attending a wedding soon. She is thinking of wearing a strapless dress but she knows she will have to buy a new strapless bra in order to wear with the dress. No, she will not go braless! Wanting to save her some bucks, I offered her to select one of my strapless bras to wear. She said sure, why not. We are the same size. I am considering this a unique mother/daughter bonding experience. I am thrilled that she will be wearing my bra and she has said she too is thrilled to be wearing my bra.

Has any mom or daughter shared articles ofapparel such as this? Whether its inner wear, outer wear, or any other type of apparel which has given you a feeling of intimacy with either your mom or your daughter?
Hi Charlene, I have a 13yo daughter and have also done a bit of apparel sharing with the teenager; always found it to be a very bonding experience and quite intimate as well. She recently had a gf's sleepover to attend and really wanted to wear an item cuter than the normal cami top & shorts that all the girls wear. She has told me how a couple of the girls have started wearing lingerie type items at the slumber parties. I loaned her a cute one piece bodysuit that really fits into the 'teddy' category, a bit of lace and high cut on the sides with very pretty demi cups. She tried it on in my bedroom one evening before the girls sleepover and it fit her so well! And she later told me the bodysuit was a hit with her little friends, too!

charlene

Hi Charlene, I have a 13yo daughter and have also done a bit of apparel sharing with the teenager; always found it to be a very bonding experience and quite intimate as well. She recently had a gf's sleepover to attend and really wanted to wear an item cuter than the normal cami top & shorts that all the girls wear. She has told me how a couple of the girls have started wearing lingerie type items at the slumber parties. I loaned her a cute one piece bodysuit that really fits into the 'teddy' category, a bit of lace and high cut on the sides with very pretty demi cups. She tried it on in my bedroom one evening before the girls sleepover and it fit her so well! And she later told me the bodysuit was a hit with her little friends, too!
Hi Tabitha, welcome to the forum, hopefully you and your daughter will share experiences with us as I have. Some might not understand our feelings regarding sharing apparel, especially lingerie, with our daughters but I, and obviously you, believe it is a intimate mother / daughter bonding experience.

Viewing your profile picture and knowing that your daughter fit into one of your teddies "so well", she must be as attractive and shapely as you. I am so glad she had a great sleepover. Charlene

TabithaSpence

Thank you Charlene, you are very kind; I'm not as tall as the photo makes me. That dress really did the trick! I have had the teddy my daughter borrowed for some time and the body of the garment is quite stretchy so that helped it fit the girl. As I said, it has demi cups which give me an 'open cup' effect since I'm full busted, but just a nice cupping effect for Candy, since she has smaller boobs than her mother.
I agree with you so much; the intimate experiences had by mother & daughter during lingerie sharing, fitting, and in doing try ons together cannot begin to be understated. Mature moms can find this special time extremely satisfying. I hope to share more with you, Charlene and the other nice moms of the forum!

charlene

Thank you so much for replying Tabitha. I understand what you mean about "fitting" the teddy for your daughter. Yes I agree, lingerie sharing with my daughter has always been very satisfying for both of us. There is a thread entitled " Too young for stockings" on this site in which I talk about giving my daughter her first garter belt and stockings at age 12. You should check it out.

I hope your daughter will return the teddy to you so that when you next wear it you will be as excited wearing it as she was when she wore it. Charlene

TabithaSpence

Oh, how wonderful to hear from you, Charlene! I can only imagine the special fittings surrounding your daughter's introduction to a garter belt and stockings. I'm so grateful that you and I have a true understanding of 'fitting' the child in special undergarments, Charlene. As a mature mom it can be so precious and the satisfaction can run so deep for mother and daughter. I'm fortunate to have met you on this amazing forum and I do hope we can discuss fittings and so forth in greater depth, Charlene.

I have started reading the stockings topic that you mentioned. This brings to mind so vividly my introductions to Candy over the last year or so to garter belts and stockings, as well as some of my firm control items like body shapers, girdles, and my favorite which is the corselete. Of course the 13 year old has not worn any of those items yet, but we have spent quite a bit of time during her fittings with me instructing her on the unique virtues of these lovely control garments, generally by me wearing one of my shapers, girdles, or corselettes during her fitting. I feel like being able to participate with the girl at these crucial times is so important; demonstrating while working with the child is so utterly feminine.

Candy did return the teddy after her sleepover, which was a huge success, according to her! She told me how one of the girls in the group wore a lovely little babydoll nighty with a matching thong panty. She expressed to me how feminine this seemed to her and so I assured her that such an ensemble would be next on our list. All in all, she was very excited to have worn the teddy and has since worn it one night here at home. We made that a special 'mother/daughter night' and it was such a precious experience:)
Tabitha