• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

Apparel Sharing

charlene

Has any mother / daughter experienced anything like the following. My daughter and I will be attending a wedding soon. She is thinking of wearing a strapless dress but she knows she will have to buy a new strapless bra in order to wear with the dress. No, she will not go braless! Wanting to save her some bucks, I offered her to select one of my strapless bras to wear. She said sure, why not. We are the same size. I am considering this a unique mother/daughter bonding experience. I am thrilled that she will be wearing my bra and she has said she too is thrilled to be wearing my bra.

Has any mom or daughter shared articles ofapparel such as this? Whether its inner wear, outer wear, or any other type of apparel which has given you a feeling of intimacy with either your mom or your daughter?

Rhonda333

Staff member
Well as you already know Charlene, my mother shared her bras with me early on and it was an incredible bonding experience for both of us. I still have some of hers although sometimes now I'm bumping up to the D category. I could wear most of her dress's and skirts, but not her shoes

I still don't have a daughter yet. Based on my experience with my mother, we have shared and are sharing apparels to each other including bras. We also share shoes with each other.

Rhonda333

Staff member
I remember her scent stayed with the bra giving me the most wonderful feeling of bonding with her.

rachelbird

Same here too! I actually do not mind sharing my clothes with my family members and with my sisters too! I guess that makes families closer to each other too haha

Rhonda333

Staff member
I guess we are both fortunate to be the right size. Mother was a 12-14 and I could wear that just fine. Then a few years ago I had a butt lift and now I'm a 16. The NY Times says that 16 is the most popular size among American women.

I guess we are both fortunate to be the right size. Mother was a 12-14 and I could wear that just fine. Then a few years ago I had a butt lift and now I'm a 16. The NY Times says that 16 is the most popular size among American women.
That's amazing, Rhonda! You're a cool mom!