• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

A question about sexuality

My daughter has told me before one year that she was straight. Last month she said that she thinks she is bisexual. But now she tells that she is becoming fond of homosexual themed movies and MV(music video)s. Now she doubts about her sexuality and thinks that she may be a lesbian. What should I do now? Please suggest.

Rhonda333

First, how old is she? Does she have a spiritual advisor or an older family member that she respects. They would be the best source of counsel. If she is a young teenager, all of this may be just experimental and she is just testing her limits with you. If that's the case, a good counseling session or two may put this out of her mind. Unfortunately if she is truely homosexual, there will be very little you can do.

She's 15
First, how old is she? Does she have a spiritual advisor or an older family member that she respects. They would be the best source of counsel. If she is a young teenager, all of this may be just experimental and she is just testing her limits with you. If that's the case, a good counseling session or two may put this out of her mind. Unfortunately if she is truely homosexual, there will be very little you can do.

sandy brady

ah i would say leave her be, she ll figure it out eventually, am not sure why she keeps switching but maybe:
she runs into a hot man, now she likes men
she finds a hot girl, now she s a lesbian
she ll figure it out, as long as she s not physically changing herself, getting surgeries that she later regrets or anything, just let her be.
Once she s older and decides " am deffo x" then she can feel comfy being who she is, she ll let you know x

alexispatt

I'd also suggest to just let her figure it out. Couselling is the worst idea ever, to be honest. Don't make her feel like she's not normal or anything. No matter her sexuality or even gender identity, this shouldn't make you love her less. Make sure she knows you love her always, no matter whether she's got a boyfriend or a girlfriend sooner or later