• Hello and welcome to GirlsForum.com, an online community for girls to talk about anything: fashion, beauty tips, or advice! We'd love to have you as part of our community so why not sign up today? It's free!

20yr old single pringle and I need help to flamingle

nanp00p

Okay, so as you can probably tell by the title I'm pretty immature for a 20 year old woman.

I've literally never dated, never made out with a guy, even though I've had chances to. I'm reasonably confidant in my appearance, you wouldn't call me ugly unless comparing to a model or smth. I'm just awkward, and since I have zero experience and my life is getting busier, I'm afraid to look for a guy as well.

Just for a bit more context I was a youth athlete and still am, I didn't have much time after school because of training so I never went on dates. I can count the amount of actual parties I've been to on my two hands, and have literally one instance of intimacy with a guy, (He was really hot and I totally missed my chance) that was over a year ago.

I don't use makeup, I don't know how to flirt, hell my fashion sense is terrible and I have an extremely sarcastic and self deprecating sense of humour.

Can any of you relate? And for the girls who've got game; what advice do you have for someone like me? Is makeup really important? How sexy should I dress? Do guys actually like funny girls or do they only say that on twitter? Where should I look? Should I lower my standards??????

I need answers for my endless questions ;-; genuinely too embarrassed to talk to my irl friends about this pls assist.

Christinegirl

I wouldn't say you're immature, hon - maybe just inexperienced. It's normal to feel awkward when we're dealing with a new situation.

Before looking for a guy, I would strongly suggest reading the book in my signature. It has a wealth of information in it. I learned a lot from it and it confirmed a lot of my suspicions.

As you're young and attractive, I don't know if you even need makeup. (A lot of makeup isn't really that good for our skin anyway.)

I can relate in that I'm too busy to seriously date (and I'm trying to social distance right now, too). :)

I think you should dress for yourself. If you want to attract a man and you dress "too sexy", some men get the wrong idea and are of the mentality: "If she ain't sellin' why is she advertising". In other words, some men expect us to "put out"/have sex with them. Then if we don't want to (or we change our mind), sometimes they don't like to be disappointed and it creates all kinds of problems. I'd keep the real sexy outfits for when I'm in a relationship. Sometimes "less is more".

Whether a guy likes a funny girl or not depends on the individual guy. I would think most would like someone with a sense of humor.

As far as where to look for a man (once we're not in lock-down anymore), I would just become active in my community - expose yourself to lots of situations; maybe volunteer or try to get a job where you meet lots of different people, join clubs that cater to specific hobbies, etc.

Regarding flirting, I would just be pleasant to everyone. A lot of guys think we're flirting when we're just trying to be friendly and pleasant anyway.

Don't lower your standards, hon. Relationships are hard enough as it is - you don't want to settle for just anyone. You want someone who is going to treat you right. Otherwise, it's not worth the drama.

Please feel free to ask any questions you'd like. We'll try our best to help you (and you might have a question that someone else has). Again, welcome! :)

nanp00p

Thank you so much. That was a really well put out reply, it makes a lot of sense. Of course I'll probably be trying this out more after the pandemic haha.
Thank you again.

Anzu21

Okay, so as you can probably tell by the title I'm pretty immature for a 20 year old woman.

I've literally never dated, never made out with a guy, even though I've had chances to. I'm reasonably confidant in my appearance, you wouldn't call me ugly unless comparing to a model or smth. I'm just awkward, and since I have zero experience and my life is getting busier, I'm afraid to look for a guy as well.

Just for a bit more context I was a youth athlete and still am, I didn't have much time after school because of training so I never went on dates. I can count the amount of actual parties I've been to on my two hands, and have literally one instance of intimacy with a guy, (He was really hot and I totally missed my chance) that was over a year ago.

I don't use makeup, I don't know how to flirt, hell my fashion sense is terrible and I have an extremely sarcastic and self deprecating sense of humour.

Can any of you relate? And for the girls who've got game; what advice do you have for someone like me? Is makeup really important? How sexy should I dress? Do guys actually like funny girls or do they only say that on twitter? Where should I look? Should I lower my standards??????

I need answers for my endless questions ;-; genuinely too embarrassed to talk to my irl friends about this pls assist.
I'm 24 and I never dated either! I'm biding my time until I find a guy worthy enough for me! As of right now, I'm focusing on my career. Don't ever change who you are for anyone, especially guys! Just stay true to yourself and eventually you'll attract your soulmate!